LA Tech vs Jacksonville State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Jacksonville State Gamecocks (7-3) vs LA Tech Bulldogs (3-8)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Burgess-Snow Field at JSU Stadium)
Betting Odds: Jacksonville State Gamecocks -8.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs and Jacksonville State Gamecocks face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Burgress-Snow Field.
Louisiana Tech Looks to End Losing Streak
Louisiana Tech has won only three games so far this season and they have lost five games in a row. In the last game against Sam Houston State, Louisiana Tech scored 27 points, but the defense gave up 42 points. Hank Bachmeier completed 28 of his 41 passes for 361 yards, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions. Louisiana Tech is averaging 26.7 points while their defense is giving up 31.4 points per game. The defense is ranked 111th, and the defense is going to need to step up here.
LA Tech Betting Trends
- Louisiana Tech has lost each of its last eight November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Louisiana Tech has failed to cover the spread in 10 of its last 11 road games against conference opponents.
- Louisiana Tech has lost the first half in eight of its last 10 games against conference opponents.
- Nine of Louisiana Tech's last 11 games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Jacksonville State Has Confidence
Jacksonville State comes into this game with a 7-3 record overall and even though they lost the last game, they still gained confidence. Jacksonville State scored 28 points, and they were outscored 10-0 against South Carolina and that led to the 10 point defeat. Zion Webb completed 12 of his 23 passes for 183 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Jacksonville State is averaging 28.5 points while their defense is giving up 20.7 points per game. The defense is ranked 34th and they are going to need to the defense to step up here.
Jacksonville State Betting Trends
- Jacksonville State has won four of its last five home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Jacksonville State has covered the spread in four of its last five home games.
Shane’s Free Pick
The defense in this game is going to be the defense. Jacksonville State overall this season is giving up 20.7 points per game. The defense is ranked 34th in the country, and I don’t trust this Bulldog team to find success. Bachmeier threw two interceptions in their last game, and he’s going to have some struggles again here. This will be a comfortable victory by Jacksonville State. Back Jacksonville State against the spread.