Georgia vs Tennessee Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Tennessee Volunteers (7-3) vs Georgia Bulldogs (10-0)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Neyland Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tennessee Volunteers +10.5 -- Over/Under: 58.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Bulldogs will play the Tennessee Volunteers in a SEC game on Saturday afternoon at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee. Georgia continues to be undefeated, while Tennessee is coming off of a blowout loss at Missouri.
The Georgia Bulldogs are 10-0 (7-0) this season after they defeated Ole Miss by a score of 52-17 in their last game. Georgia led 28-14 at halftime and really opened the game up in the second half for the win. The Bulldogs out gained Ole Miss by a total of 611-352 and went 5-8 on third downs in the win. Georgia has scored 30+ points in five straight games. The Bulldogs offense is scoring 41.2 points per game with 323.9 passing yards per game and 180.9 rushing yards per game, while going 55.6% on third downs. Carson Beck has thrown for 3,022 yards, 18 touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Bulldogs this season. Daijun Edwards has rushed for 692 yards and 10 scores, while Dominic Lovett has caught 43 passes for 475 yards and two touchdowns. The Georgia defense is giving up 15.6 points against per game this season.
The Tennessee Volunteers are 7-3 (3-3) this year after they lost to Missouri by a score of 36-7 last week. Tennessee took a 7-3 lead in the second quarter, but they couldn’t score any more points after that point for the loss. The Volunteers were out gained by a total of 530-350 and turned the ball over three times in the game. Tennessee has also lost to Alabama and Florida this season. The Tennessee offense is averaging 32 points per game with 241.5 passing yards per game and 213.3 rushing yards per game, while going 44.6% on third downs. Joe Milton III has thrown for 2,283 yards, 16 touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Volunteers this year. Jaylen Wright has rushed for 848 yards and three touchdowns, while Squirrel White has caught 49 passes for 609 yards and two scores. The Tennessee defense is allowing 20.2 points against per game this year.
Tennessee Volunteers Team Facts
- Tennessee has won each of its last seven home games against conference opponents.
- The home team has covered the spread in seven of Tennessee's last eight games.
- Tennessee has won the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents at Neyland Stadium.
- Tennessee has won the first quarter in six of its last eight games against conference opponents at Neyland Stadium.
- Each of Tennessee's last five November games at Neyland Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Bulldogs Team Facts
- Georgia has won each of its last 17 games against conference opponents.
- Georgia has covered the spread in each of its last four games as a favorite against Tennessee.
- Georgia has won the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Six of Georgia's last seven games have gone OVER the total points line.
- Tennessee rank T36th among FBS teams for points per game this season (32.0).
- The Georgia are one of only 24 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
- Georgia has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 10+ points of any FBS team this season (6).
Georgia has been tested in their last three games and they have passed with flying colors, as they have defeated Ole Miss, Missouri, and Florida, but they will be on the road for this game in a pretty tough environment. Tennessee had their worst performance of the season last week against Missouri and they will need to get things back on track quickly to stay in this game. Georgia has only played two road games this year, a seven point win at auburn and a 17 point win at Vanderbilt. I think Tennessee may have been looking ahead last week against Missouri, but I think we see a much better performance from them here. Take the Volunteers with the points in this matchup.