Florida at Missouri Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Missouri Tigers (8-2) vs Florida Gators (5-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Memorial Stadium at Faurot Field)
Betting Odds: Missouri Tigers -10.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Florida Gators will head to Columbia to meet the Missouri Tigers in SEC play this Saturday from Faurot Field on ESPN. Florida won last year’s matchup to tie the head-to-head series at 6.
Florida Gators Preview
Florida fell to 5-5 after losing to LSU in Baton Rouge, 52-35. The Gators weren’t able to keep up with LSU in the second half, and they’ll attempt to tackle this group of Tigers in Missouri. The UF offense is scoring 29.5 ppg, while passing for 278.6 ypg, rushing for 138.7 ypg, and converting 35% of their third downs.
Florida Player Notes
• Graham Mertz performed well statistically in Death Valley last weekend despite the final result, going 26/38 for 311 yards with a touchdown toss. The former Wisconsin QB has delivered similar results here in Gainesville this Fall, as he hasn’t been able to get the Gators over the hump during conference play. Mertz has passed for 2,720 yards, with 18 touchdowns to two interceptions thru ten starts.
• Sophomore RB Trevor Etienne found the endzone three times in the loss to LSU, and he leads Florida with 628 rushing yards on 49 touches.
• New Orleans native Montrell Johnson Jr. gained 70 yards against the Tigers, and he’s right behind Etienne for the team-lead with 625 yards on 122 carries.
• Senior wideout Ricky Pearsall surpassed the 100-yard mark last weekend, and he leads UF in receptions (62) and receiving yards (876).
• The Florida defense has allowed 27.4 points per game.
Missouri Tigers Preview
Missouri fell to 8-2 after defeating Tennessee to Georgia in Athens, 30-21. The Tigers blew the Vols out in the second half to triple down on Volunteer State after defeating Vanderbilt and Memphis earlier in the season, they’ll look to enjoy a successful Senior Day this weekend. The Missouri offense is scoring 32.8 ppg, while passing for 283.9 ypg, rushing for 145.8 ypg, and converting 44.4% of their third downs.
Mizzou Player Notes
• Brady Cook had another strong start last week against Tennessee, going 18/24 for 275 yards, with a touchdown toss and rushing score. The junior quarterback has Missouri in position to finish in the top ten of the AP polls for the first time in over a decade, and he’ll look to guide the Tigers to their tenth victory Saturday. Cook has passed for 2,746 yards with 17 touchdowns to six interceptions thru ten starts.
• Fifth-year senior Cody Schrader scored for the seventh straight game, and after dashing for a season-high 205 yards, he leads Mizzou in rushing with 1,124 yards and eleven touchdowns.
• Sophomore wideout Luther Burden III has scored in three consecutive games, and he leads the SEC in receptions (68) and receiving yards (984).
• The Missouri defense is allowing 22.3 points per game.
Florida vs Missouri Trends
• FLA is 5-3 against the spread, with a 4-4 O/U record.
• MIZZ is 5-3 ATS, with a 5-3 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Missouri had a breakthrough moment last weekend after handily defeating Tennessee at home, and while it’d be tough to repeat that effort, I do believe they will come away with another victory this weekend. The Tigers have been one of the best teams in the SEC this season, while the Gators have dropped three straight games, and lost three of four road games this season by double figures. Let’s trust Mizzou’s momentum, and back them at Faurot this weekend.