FIU vs Arkansas Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Arkansas Razorbacks (3-7) vs FIU Panthers (4-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arkansas Razorbacks -29.5 -- Over/Under: 50 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPNU Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The FIU Panthers and Arkansas Razorbacks face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Razorback Stadium.
This Arkansas Squad is Awful
Arkansas comes into this game with a 3-7 record overall and they were blown out in the last game. Arkansas scored 10 points against Auburn while the defense gave up 48 points. KJ Jefferson completed only 10 of his 16 passes for 116 yards, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Arkansas on the season is averaging 26.1 points while their defense is giving up 26.7 points per game. This is a great opportunity to put on a show, and they are going need the offense to be good. Jefferson needs to run up the score here, and lead the Razorbacks to a ton of offense.
Arkansas Betting Trends
- Arkansas has lost each of its last three games as a favorite.
- The underdog has covered the spread in eight of Arkansas' last nine games.
- Arkansas has won the first half in five of its last six games against non-conference opponents.
- Eleven of Arkansas' last 13 games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
How Does FIU Bounce Back
FIU only has four wins this season and the last two games have been really bad. FIU has been outscored 81-22 and that type of defense isn’t going to be good enough. In the last game against Middle Tennessee, they were defeated 40-6. Quarterback Keyone Jenkins, did throw for 226 yards, but didn’t find the end zone. FIU on the season is averaging 19.3 points while their defense is giving up 29.7 points per game. If they want any type of chance in this game, they are going to need to find a way to get the offense going.
FIU Betting Trends
- Florida International has lost each of its last 12 November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Florida International has failed to cover the spread in 12 of its last 13 November games as a road underdog.
- Each of Florida International's last three road games against non-conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is a game that Arkansas should win with ease, but how motivated are they really going to be for it? I am not confident Arkansas actually cares a whole lot about this game and it’s going to really hurt them here. Even against a bad defense, Araksans is going to struggle to score here, and that is going to be the difference as FIU is going to keep it close. Back FIU to cover the spread.