East Carolina vs Navy Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Navy Midshipmen (4-5) vs East Carolina Pirates (2-8)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Jack Stephens Field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Navy Midshipmen -2.5 -- Over/Under: 31.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPNNEWS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The East Carolina Pirates will play the Navy Midshipmen on Saturday afternoon at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland. East Carolina got their first conference win last week, while Navy has lost two of their last three games.
East Carolina Preview
The East Carolina Pirates are 2-8 (1-5) this season after they defeated FAU by a score of 22-7 in their last game. East Carolina led 13-7 at halftime and they were able to add nine more points in the second half for the win. The Pirates out gained FAU by a total of 235-172 and turned the ball over one time in the game. East Carolina’s only other win this season came against Gardner-Webb by a score of 44-0. The ECU offense is scoring 18.9 points per game with 162.8 passing yards per game and 110.1 rushing yards per game, while going 32.2% on third downs. Alex Flinn has thrown for 1,219 yards, four touchdowns, and eight interceptions for the Pirates this year. Rahjai Harris has rushed for 341 yards and four scores, while Chase Sowell has caught 36 passes for 452 yards and one touchdown. The East Carolina defense is allowing 23 points against per game this season.
The Navy Midshipmen are 4-5 (3-3) this year after they defeated UAB by a score of 31-6 last week. Navy led 7-6 at the half and they were able to shut out UAB in the second half for the win. The Midshipmen out gained UAB by a total of 363-321 and both teams turned the ball over two times in the game. Navy had lost their previous two games against Temple and Air Force. The Navy offense is averaging 19.7 points per game with 101.8 passing yards per game and 205.4 rushing yards per game, while going 29.7% on third downs. Xavier Arline has thrown for 218 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception for the Midshipmen this season. Alex Tecza has rushed for 629 yards and four scores, while Eli Heidenreich has caught 12 passes for 267 yards and four touchdowns. The Navy defense is giving up 21.4 points against per game this year.
Navy Midshipmen Team Facts
- The road team has won four of the last five games between East Carolina and Navy.
- Navy has covered the spread in each of its last six November games at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
- Navy has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
- Navy has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
- Thirteen of Navy's last 14 November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
East Carolina Pirates Team Facts
- East Carolina has won six of its last seven November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of East Carolina's last four games.
- Five of East Carolina's last six games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Both of these teams are coming off of nice wins last week, but Navy is still fighting for a bowl berth. The Midshipmen need to win two of their last three games to get to six wins, so each game is very important. Navy has played very good defense this year and has allowed 6, 32, 17, and 0 points in their last four games. This East Carolina team only has one FBS win this year, but they have kept a few games close. I think this will be a pretty good game, but I am going to take Navy at home in this matchup.