Cincinnati vs West Virginia Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
West Virginia Mountaineers (6-4) vs Cincinnati Bearcats (3-7)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 2:30 pm (Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium)
Betting Odds: West Virginia Mountaineers -6.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Cincinnati Bearcats will play the West Virginia Mountaineers in a Big 12 game on Saturday afternoon at Milan Puskar Stadium in Morgantown, West Virginia. Cincinnati got their first conference win last week, while West Virginia has won two of their last three games.
The Cincinnati Bearcats are 3-7 (1-6) this year after they defeated Houston by a score of 24-14 in their last game. Cincinnati led 14-7 at the half, but they were able to extend the lead to 24-7 in the fourth quarter. The Bearcats out gained Houston by a total of 368-241 and forced three turnovers in the win. Cincinnati had lost their previous seven games, after winning the first two games of the year. The Cincinnati offense is scoring 25.2 points per game with 220.6 passing yards per game and 223.3 rushing yards per game, while going 42.3% on third downs. Emory Jones has thrown for 1,949 yards, 15 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions for the Bearcats this season. Corey Kiner has rushed for 885 yards and five scores, while Xzavier Henderson has caught 48 passes for 648 yards and three touchdowns. The Cincinnati defense is allowing 26.9 points against per game this year.
West Virginia Preview
The West Virginia Mountaineers are 6-4 (4-3) this season after they lost to Oklahoma by a score of 59-20 in their last game. West Virginia led 7-0 in the first quarter, but Oklahoma scored the next 31 points to pull away for the win. The Mountaineers were out gained by a total of 644-330 and turned the ball over two times in the game. West Virginia had won their previous two games against UCF and BYU by double-digits. The WVU offense is averaging 30.2 points per game with 196.7 passing yards per game and 213.8 rushing yards per game, while going 40% on third downs. Garrett Greene has thrown for 1,699 yards, 12 touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Mountaineers this year. CJ Donaldson Jr. (questionable) has rushed for 755 yards and 10 scores, while Devin Carter has caught 26 passes for 481 yards and two touchdowns. The West Virginia defense is giving up 27.8 points against per game this season.
West Virginia Mountaineers Team Facts
- West Virginia has won seven of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams at Milan Puskar Stadium.
- West Virginia has covered the spread in each of its last four November games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- West Virginia has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Milan Puskar Stadium.
- Seven of West Virginia's last eight November games at Milan Puskar Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Cincinnati Bearcats Team Facts
- Cincinnati has won each of its last seven November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Cincinnati has covered the spread in four of its last five November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Cincinnati has won the first half in 11 of its last 14 road games against conference opponents.
- Six of Cincinnati's last seven November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
West Virginia comes into this matchup after getting dominated by Oklahoma last week, but they are still having a very solid season that has passed expectations. Cincinnati has had a rough first year in the Big 12, but they were able to get their first win against Houston last week. West Virginia has only lost one game at home and they have scored at least 34 points in four of their last five games. I don’t trust this Bearcats team at all, especially the defense, so I am taking West Virginia in this game.