Appalachian State vs James Madison Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
James Madison Dukes (10-0) vs Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Showker Field at Bridgeforth Stadium)
Betting Odds: James Madison Dukes -8.5 -- Over/Under: 56 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Appalachian State Mountaineers and James Madison Dukes face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Bridgeforth Stadium.
James Madison Looks to Continue Perfect Start
James Madison comes into this game with a 10-0 record overall and they were dominant in the last game. James Madison scored 44 points against the UConn Huskies and they ended up winning by 38 points. Quarterback Jordan McCloud had another huge game putting up 457 yards and four touchdowns. James Madison on the season is averaging 34.3 points while their defense is giving up 18.2 points per game. The defense is ranked 18th and they are going to need the defense to step up again here.
James Madison Betting Trends
- James Madison has won each of its last 12 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- James Madison has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- James Madison has won the first half in 12 of its last 13 games against conference opponents.
- James Madison has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Bridgeforth Stadium.
- Each of James Madison's last four November games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
App State Looks to Build on Last Week
Appalachian State comes into this game a 6-4 record overall and they were dominant in the last game. The Mountaineers offense put up 42 points and that was enough for the blowout victory. Joey Aguilar had a strong completing 14 of his 21 passes for 255 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. App State on the season is averaging 34.8 points while their defense is giving up 27 points per game. The offense is ranked 22nd but the defense has been a major issue at times. In this game if they want a chance they are going to need the defense to stand up a big way.
Appalachian State Betting Trends
- Appalachian State has won four of its last six November games as a road underdog.
- Appalachian State has covered the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- Four of Appalachian State's last five games as a road underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
James Madison is the better team no doubt, but I do believe Appalachian State can keep this game close. Appalachian State’s offense has been strong heading into this game and in the last game they put up 42 points. In this game look for the Appalachian State offense to find success and that will be enough for the Mountaineers keep it within a touchdown. Back Appalachian State against the spread.