Colorado vs Washington State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/17/23
Washington State Cougars (4-6) vs Colorado Buffaloes (4-6)
Game Info: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Clarence D. Martin Stadium)
Betting Odds: Washington State Cougars -4.5 -- Over/Under: 63 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Colorado Buffaloes and Washington State Cougars face off on Friday in a college football showdown at Martin Stadium.
Washington State Struggles to Close Out Games
Washington State continues to play close games, but they haven’t been winning games. In the last game against California, the offense scored 39 points but the defense gave up 42 points. Quarterback Cam Ward completed 34 of his 59 passes for 354 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. Wide receiver Josh Kelly had a strong game putting up nine catches for 130 yards and a touchdown. Washington State on the season is averaging 30.3 points, while their defense is giving up 29.9 points per game.
Washington State Betting Trends
- Washington State has lost each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Washington State has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Six of Washington State's last seven home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Will Colorado make a Bowl Game?
After all that hype early in the season, Colorado now is going to need to win two straight games to even make a bowl game. In the last game against Arizona, Colorado was competitive, but they ended up losing 34-31. Shedeur Sanders had a strong game, completing 22 of his 35 passes for 262 yards and two touchdowns. Colorado on the season is averaging 30.7 points while their defense is giving up 33.9 points per game. In this game, the Colorado defense is going to need to step up in a big way. Travis Hunter has been solid on both sides of the ball, and they are going to need him to be dynamic here.
Colorado Betting Trends
- Colorado has lost 12 of its last 13 games against conference opponents.
- Colorado has covered the spread in seven of its last eight November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Colorado has lost the first half in 11 of its last 12 road games against conference opponents.
- Six of Colorado's last seven games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Washington State is going to have a strong game here, but I am going to take the points with Colorado. Colorado is going to get a big game from Sanders. In the last game, Colorado scored 31 points, and the Washington State defense has been an issue heading into this game. Look for Colorado to go over 30 points, and that will be enough for the Buffaloes to keep this game close. Back Colorado to cover the spread here.