Boston College vs Pittsburgh Prediction - College Football Picks 11/16/23
Pittsburgh Panthers (2-8) vs Boston College Eagles (6-4)
Game Info: Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Acrisure Stadium)
Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Panthers -3 -- Over/Under: 47 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Boston College Eagles and Pitt Panthers face off Thursday in a college football showdown at Acrisure Stadium.
Boston College Looks to Bounce Back
Boston College comes into this game with a 6-4 record, but they were really disappointing in the last game. They allowed Virginia Tech to come into their stadium, and put up 48 points on the way to the defeat. Quarterback Thomas Castellanos has had a nice season, but he completed 10 of his 20 passes for 110 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. The turnovers are an issue, and they are going to need to be better here. Boston College on the season is averaging 26.4 points, while their defense is giving up 28.5 points per game. Boston College is going to need to get out to a fast start here.
Boston College Eagles Team Facts
- Boston College has won each of its last five November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of Boston College's last six games.
- Boston College has lost the first half in 13 of its last 16 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Boston College's last nine games as an underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Pitt’s Offense is an Issue
Pitt comes into this game with a 2-8 record overall, and over the last three games they have scored only 27 points total. In the last game against Syracuse, Pitt didn’t score any points in the second half and that led to the defeat. Christian Veilleux completed 13 of his 22 passes for 161 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Overall this season, Pitt is averaging 19.9 points while their defense is giving up 28.2 points per game. If the offense struggles here, this is going to be a long game.
Pittsburgh Panthers Team Facts
- Pittsburgh has lost each of its last four games as a favorite.
- Pittsburgh has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Pittsburgh has lost the first half in each of its last three home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Pittsburgh's last eight home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Boston College is going to go on the road and get the job done here. Pitt is averaging only 19.9 points per game, and they are going to really struggle again in this game. Castellanos is going to clean up the turnover issues, and that is going to be the difference as Boston College is going to get the job done. Not only do I think Boston College wins, I think they will win by a touchdown. Back Boston College to cover the spread here.