West Virginia vs Oklahoma Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Oklahoma Sooners (7-2) vs West Virginia Mountaineers (6-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Oklahoma Sooners -13.5 -- Over/Under: 57.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The West Virginia Mountaineers will play the Oklahoma Sooners in a Big 12 game on Saturday night at Memorial Stadium in Norman, Oklahoma. West Virginia has won two games in a row, while Oklahoma has dropped two straight games.
West Virginia Preview
The West Virginia Mountaineers are 6-3 (4-2) this season after they defeated BYU by a score of 37-7 in their last game. West Virginia scored the first 37 points in this game and coasted to the victory. The Mountaineers out gained BYU by a total of 567-277 and forced one turnover in the win. West Virginia has conference wins over Texas Tech, TCU, UCF, and BYU. The West Virginia offense is scoring 31.3 points per game with 201.4 passing yards per game and 218 rushing yards per game, while going 41.9% on third downs. Garrett Greene has thrown for 1,545 yards, 10 touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Mountaineers this year. CJ Donaldson Jr. has rushed for 676 yards and nine scores, while Devin Carter has caught 23 passes for 414 yards and one touchdown. The West Virginia defense is allowing 24.3 points against per game this year.
The Oklahoma Sooners are 7-2 (4-2) this year after they lost to Oklahoma State by a score of 27-24 last week. Oklahoma led 21-17 in the third quarter, but was out scored 10-3 in the fourth quarter for the loss. The Sooners out gained Oklahoma State by a total of 492-480, but turned the ball over three times in the game. Oklahoma also lost to Kansas by a score of 38-33 in the game prior. The Oklahoma offense is scoring 39.9 points per game with 312.8 passing yards per game and 177.2 rushing yards per game, while going 47.1% on third downs. Dillon Gabriel has thrown for 2,646 yards, 20 touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Sooners this season. Tawee Walker has rushed for 444 yards and six scores, while Jalil Farooq has caught 33 passes for 547 yards and two touchdowns. The Oklahoma defense is giving up 19.8 points against per game this season.
Oklahoma Sooners Team Facts
- Oklahoma has won 14 of its last 15 November games at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
- Oklahoma has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Oklahoma has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
- Oklahoma has won the first half in seven of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Oklahoma's last nine November games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
West Virginia Mountaineers Team Facts
- West Virginia has lost each of its last nine November games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- West Virginia has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven November games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- West Virginia has won the first quarter in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- West Virginia has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of West Virginia's last four games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Oklahoma rank T28th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (19.8).
- Oklahoma has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of five points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
The Sooners come into this game on a two game losing streak and they have allowed 65 points in those two losses. West Virginia has won two games in a row, but those wins came against UCF and BYU, who are towards the bottom of the Big 12. West Virginia did lose to Oklahoma State and Houston in the two games prior to that, but they have had a better season than most people expected. I think the Sooners are going to start this game slow, as they know their playoff chances are done, and I think West Virginia will be able to jump on them early. Take the Mountaineers with the points here.