Virginia Tech vs Boston College Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Boston College Eagles (6-3) vs Virginia Tech Hokies (4-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Alumni Stadium)
Betting Odds: Boston College Eagles +1.5 -- Over/Under: 50 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Virginia Tech Hokies and Boston College Eagles face off on Saturday in a college football at BC Alumni Stadium.
Boston College Looks for Seventh Win
Boston College comes into this game with a 6-3 record overall and they are coming off another victory in the last game. The Eagles didn’t really dominate, but the defense gave up only 10 points and they ended up winning by seven points. Thomas Castellanos had a strong completing 20 of his 37 passes for 165 yards and a touchdown. He also rushed 22 times for 87 yards and a touchdown. Boston College is averaging 26.9 points while their defense is giving up 26.3 points per game.
Boston College Betting Trends
- Boston College has won each of its last five games.
- The underdog has covered the spread in 10 of Boston College's last 11 games at Alumni Stadium (Boston).
- Boston College has lost the first half in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents at Alumni Stadium (Boston).
- Each of Boston College's last seven games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Another Blowout Loss for Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech comes into this game with a 4-5 record overall but in the last game they were defeated in blowout fashion. Virginia Tech scored only three points against Louisville and that led to the 31 point defeat. Kyron Drones completed 12 of his 21 passes for 69 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. Virginia Tech on the season is averaging 23.6 points while their defense is giving up 24.1 points per game. The offense is ranked 90th in the league while the defense is ranked 55th. In this game, Virginia Tech is going to need to find a way to get the offense going here.
Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech has lost each of its last six road games against conference opponents.
- Virginia Tech has failed to cover the spread in 10 of its last 11 matches when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Virginia Tech has lost the first half in 10 of its last 11 road games against conference opponents.
- Five of Virginia Tech's last six road games in November have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Last game was a blowout loss for Virginia Tech and it’s going to be no different in this game. Boston College is going to get another big game from Thomas Castellanos and that is going to be the difference here. Boston College is going to run up the score putting up at least 40 points and this is going to be a blowout victory. Virginia Tech doesn’t have the offense to keep up. Back Boston College against the spread.