Texas vs TCU Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
TCU Horned Frogs (4-5) vs Texas Longhorns (8-1)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Amon G. Carter Stadium)
Betting Odds: TCU Horned Frogs +12.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Longhorns will play the TCU Horned Frogs in a Big 12 game on Saturday night at Amon G. Carter Stadium in Fort Worth, Texas. Texas has won three games in a row, while TCU has lost four of their last five games.
The Texas Longhorns are 8-1 (5-1) this season after they defeated Kansas State in overtime by a score of 33-30 last week. Texas led 27-7 in the third quarter, but allowed Kansas State to tie the game, before winning in overtime. The Longhorns out gained Kansas State by a total of 478-370 and turned the ball over three times in the game. Texas’ only loss this season came against Oklahoma by a score of 34-30. The Texas offense is averaging 34.3 points per game with 271.2 passing yards per game and 185.6 rushing yards per game, while going 37.2% on third downs. Maalik Murphy has thrown for 465 yards, three touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Longhorns this season. Jonathon Brooks has rushed for 1,035 yards and eight scores, while Xavier Worthy has caught 49 passes for 620 yards and four touchdowns. The Texas defense is giving up 17.6 points against per game this season.
The TCU Horned Frogs are 4-5 (2-4) this year after they lost to Texas Tech by a score of 35-28 in their last game. TCU trailed 20-7 at halftime, but they came back to take a 21-20 lead, before allowing Texas Tech to pull ahead. The Horned Frogs out gained Texas Tech by a total of 440-428 and turned the ball over two times in the loss. TCU has conference wins against BYU and Houston so far this year. The TCU offense is scoring 29.2 points per game with 296.6 passing yards per game and 165.6 rushing yards per game, while going 45.7% on third downs. Josh Hoover has thrown for 1,148 yards, seven touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Horned Frogs this year. Emani Bailey has rushed for 908 yards and four touchdowns, while JP Richardson has caught 33 passes for 437 yards and two scores. The TCU defense is allowing 24.3 points against per game this year.
TCU Horned Frogs Team Facts
- TCU has won eight of its last nine games against conference opponents at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of the last four games between Texas and TCU at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
- TCU has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Each of TCU's last six games against top-10 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Texas Longhorns Team Facts
- Texas has won each of its last 10 games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The team ranked 7th in the AP Poll has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games.
- Texas has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Texas has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of Texas' last five games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Texas rank 25th among FBS teams for points per game this season (34.3).
- The Texas are one of only 27 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
Texas was absolutely dominating Kansas State last week, but they had a few turnovers and almost lost the game. TCU had a second half lead on Texas Tech, but couldn’t get the job done. The Horned Frogs have allowed 27 points or more in three of their last four games and they play a very good Texas offense in this matchup. TCU is having a down year and I wouldn’t be surprised if Texas scores 40+ points on them. Take the Longhorns here.