Texas Tech at Kansas Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Kansas Jayhawks (7-2) vs Texas Tech Red Raiders (4-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Kivisto Field at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Kansas Jayhawks -3.5 -- Over/Under: 62.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Tech Red Raiders will head up to Lawrence to face the Kansas Jayhawks in Big 12 play from David Booth Stadium on FS1. TTU and KU have faced off in each year since 2011, and the Red Raiders lead the head-to-head series, 22-3,
Texas Tech Red Raiders Preview
Texas Tech moved to 4-5 after defeating TCU in Lubbock, 35-28. The Red Raiders held off a late rally from the Horned Frogs to get back into the win column, and they’ll look to secure their first ranked victory of the season this Saturday. The TTU offense is scoring 30.6 ppg, while passing for 237.0 ypg, rushing for 172.7 ypg, and converting 41.4% of their third downs.
TTU Player Notes
• Behren Morton came through with his best start of the season versus TCU, going 28/36 for 282 yards and two touchdowns. The Eastland native has struggled this year, but he’ll look to build on arguably the best outing of his career. Morton has passed for 978 yards, with 10 touchdowns to two interceptions thru six starts.
• Senior back Tahj Brooks scored for the fifth game in a row last weekend, and after gaining 146 yards in the win over TCU, he leads TTU in rushing with 1,003 yards on 84 touches.
• Senior wideout Myles Price caught his fifth touchdown pass of the season last weekend, and he leads the Red Raiders in receptions (38) for 381 receiving yards.
• The TTU defense is allowing 25.7 points per game.
Kansas Jayhawks Preview
Kansas improved to 7-2 after defeating Iowa State in Ames by a touchdown, 28-21. The Jayhawks followed up their victory over Oklahoma strong, and they’ll look to pin a third straight win this weekend at home. The Kansas offense is scoring 34.9 ppg, while passing for 235.9 ypg, rushing for 198.1 ypg, and converting 49% of their third downs.
Kansas Player Notes
• Jason Bean responded to a tough outing against OU by delivering winning results on the road, passing for 287 yards and a score along the way. The veteran QB has been very serviceable in place of Jalon Daniels, and if he gets the nod again, there’s a good chance he gets the job done here at home. Bean has passed for 1,418 yards with ten touchdowns to four interceptions in five starts.
• Junior back Devin Neal has scored in consecutive contests, and he leads KU in rushing yards (828) and touchdowns (9) through nine games.
• Sophomore RB Daniel Hinshaw has scored in six of the six games, and he’s second on the team with splits of 89/517/8.
• Third-year wideout Lawrence Arnold went for a season-high 112 yards in the win over ISU, and he leads the team in receptions (31) and receiving yards (515).
Ȃ The KU defense has allowed 27.3 points per game.
Texas Tech vs Kansas Trends
• TTU is 4-5 against the spread, with a 4-5 O/U record.
• KU is 5-4 ATS, with a 5-3-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Kansas avoided a hangover with a tough win over Iowa State on the road, and I think they’ll keep rolling here at home. Texas Tech has underwhelmed this Fall offensively, and they’ve dropped all three of their games outside of Texas, including a season-opening loss to Wyoming. The Jayhawks are undefeated in Lawrence this year, and this feels like a manageable spot they can come through in. Let’s back Kansas for this Big 12 contest.