Texas State vs Coastal Carolina Prediction - College Football Prediction 11/11/23
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (6-3) vs Texas State Bobcats (6-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Brooks Stadium)
Betting Odds: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers +2.5 -- Over/Under: 57.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas State Bobcats and Coastal Carolina Chanticleers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Brooks Stadium.
Texas State Looks to Build on Last Week
Texas State comes into this game with a 6-3 record overall and they are coming off a huge victory against Georgia Southern. Texas State scored 45 points and that was enough for the 21 point victory. TJ Finley had a strong game completing 25 of his 31 passes for 301 yards, three touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Texas State is averaging 36.2 points while their defense is giving up 28.2 points per game. The offense is ranked 18th and they are going to need to run up the score here.
Texas State Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Texas State's last eight games.
- Texas State has covered the spread in five of its last six November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Texas State has won the first half in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Four of Texas State's last five games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Another Solid Season for Coastal Carolina
Coastal Carolina sits with a 6-3 record overall and they are coming off another victory in the last game. Coastal Carolina scored 28 points against Old Dominion and that was enough for the four point victory. Ethan Vasko completed 17 of his 31 passes for 180 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Vasko also rushed 21 times for 170 yards and a touchdown. Grayson McCall is dealing with a concussion still and he’s already been ruled out for this game. Coastal Carolina is averaging 30 points while their defense is giving up 21 points per game. In this game it’s going to be important that the defense steps up here.
Coastal Carolina Betting Trends
- Coastal Carolina has won five of its last six games as a home underdog.
- Coastal Carolina has covered the spread in each of its last four games as a home underdog.
- Coastal Carolina has won the first quarter in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Five of Coastal Carolina's last six games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Texas State is going to find success on the road. TJ Finley threw for 301 yards in the last game and I am still not sold on Vasko under center for Coastal Carolina. Texas State is averaging 36.2 points per game and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. It’s going to be a good game for Finley, and that is going to be the difference as Texas State is going to get the job done. Back Texas State against the spread.