Tennessee at Missouri Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Missouri Tigers (7-2) vs Tennessee Volunteers (7-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Memorial Stadium at Faurot Field)
Betting Odds: Missouri Tigers +1.5 -- Over/Under: 58.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Tennessee Volunteers will make the trip to Columbia to meet the Missouri Tigers in SEC play from Faurot Field on CBS. Tennessee and Mizzou have faced off in each season since the SEC expanded back in 2012, and the Vols hold a slim head-to-head lead of, 6-5, after winning four straight matchups.
Tennessee Volunteers Preview
Tennessee comes in at 7-2 after blowing out Connecticut at home, 59-3. The Volunteers blitzed the Huskies for four quarters, and they’ll look to pin a third straight win here in Columbia. The Tennessee offense is scoring 34.8 ppg, while passing for 220.9 ypg, rushing for 217.3 ypg, and converting 42.7% of their third downs.
Tennessee Player Notes
• Joe Milton III enjoyed a light weekend versus UConn, passing for 254 yards with three total touchdowns through one half of play. The senior quarterback has responded to the loss to Alabama with two accurate performances, and he’ll have to be just as sharp here against Missouri. Milton has thrown 2,017 yards, with 15 touchdowns to four interceptions, and he’s rushed for 265 yards and five scores thru nine starts.
• Jaylen Wright and Jabari Small have split the load well for the Vols this season. Wright leads the way with rushing yards (826), after gaining 113 yards in the win over UConn. Small is second on the team with 415 yards on 82 touches.
• Sophomore wideout Squirrel White caught an 83-yard touchdown pass in the win over Connecticut, and he leads Tennessee in receptions (46) and receiving yards (557).
• The Tennessee defense is allowing 18.4 points per game.
Missouri Tigers Preview
Missouri fell to 7-2 after losing to Georgia in Athens, 30-21. The Tigers gave the Bulldogs a good fight on the road, and they’ll look to bounce back here versus the Vols. The Missouri offense is scoring 32.4 ppg, while passing for 284.9 ypg, rushing for 148.1 ypg, and converting 41.1% of their third downs.
Mizzou Player Notes
• Brady Cook struggled against a fierce Georgia defense last week, going 14/30 for 212 yards, with a touchdown to two interceptions. The St. Louis native will look to bounce back after leading the Tigers to a strong 7-2 start, and he’s performed much better at home this season. Cook has passed for 2,471 yards with 16 touchdowns to five interceptions thru nine starts.
• Fifth-year senior Cody Schrader scored for the sixth straight game, and after surpassing the 125-yard mark for the fifth time, he leads Mizzou in rushing with 919 yards and ten touchdowns.
• Sophomore wideout Luther Burden III has scored in back-to-back games, and he leads the SEC in receptions (64) and receiving yards (958).
• The Missouri defense is allowing 24.0 points per game.
Tennessee vs Missouri Trends
• TENN is 5-3 against the spread, with a 4-4 O/U record.
• MIZZ is 5-3 ATS, with a 5-3 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Tennessee hasn’t been able to outdo their magical revival 2022 this Fall, but they’ve still been one of the best teams in arguably the strongest conference in the country. Missouri’s shown some fight in the SEC this season themselves, and I believe that trend will carry over into this weekend. This contest is one of the toughest to call on the slate, and there’s a good chance it goes down to the wire. Similar to their battles with Kansas State and LSU at Faurot this season, this game sees production and points from both sides, so let’s back the Over for this conference matchup. Missouri also comes into a profitable position as home underdogs, so don’t shy away from taking a shot on their ML with the season winding down.