Rutgers vs Iowa Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Iowa Hawkeyes (7-2) vs Rutgers Scarlet Knights (6-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Kinnick Stadium)
Betting Odds: Iowa Hawkeyes -5.5 -- Over/Under: 29 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: BTN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights and Iowa Hawkeyes face off on Saturday in a Big Ten college football showdown at Kinnick Stadium.
Iowa Coming off Another Win
Iowa’s wins this season haven’t been pretty, but they continue to win. In the last game against Northwestern, they tried to set football back another 100 years, but they were able to secure a 10-7 victory. Against Northwestern, Deacon Hill completed 10 his 15 passes for 65 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Iowa on the season is averaging 18.4 points while their defense is giving up 13.7 points per game. Iowa’s defense is ranked 4th, but the offense is ranked 121st.
Iowa Betting Trends
- Iowa has won 15 of its last 16 games in November.
- Iowa has covered the spread in 13 of its last 17 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Iowa has won the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents at Kinnick Stadium.
- Each of Iowa's last four games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Rutgers Looks for 7th Win
Some thought it might be tough for Rutgers to make a bowl game this season, but with three games left they have already locked up a spot. Against Ohio State in the last game they were actually up 9-7 but in the second half, they fell apart and ended up losing by 19 points. Gavin Wimsatt completed 10 of his 25 passes 129 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Running back Kyle Monangai finished with 24 carries for 159 yards. Rutgers is averaging 26.8 points while their defense is giving up 17.9 points per game. The defense is ranked 20th, but in this game it’s going to come down to if the offense can find enough success.
Rutgers Betting Trends
- Rutgers has lost 22 of its last 24 games in November.
- Rutgers has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games in November.
- Rutgers has lost the first half in 21 of its last 28 games against conference opponents.
- Ten of Rutgers' last 12 November road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
28.5 is a crazy low total, but I still believe it’s too high. This Iowa offense is awful, but their defense is good and they are going to step up in this game. Rutgers is averaging 26.8 points per game but they are going to struggle to get to even 10 points here. Look for neither team to reach 10 points and this game is going to stay well under the total. Back the under. It’s also a lean with Iowa to secure another victory.