New Mexico State vs WKU Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
WKU Hilltoppers (5-4) vs New Mexico State Aggies (7-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium)
Betting Odds: WKU Hilltoppers -4.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New Mexico State Aggies and Western Kentucky Hilltoppers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Houchens Industries L. T. Smith Stadium.
What a Season for New Mexico State
New Mexico State has had quite the season and coming into this game they sit with a 7-3 record overall. In the last game against Middle Tennessee State, the defense was elite giving up only seven points and that led to the six point victory. Under center for New Mexico State is Diego Pavia and he completed 16 of his 31 passes for 220 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. New Mexico State is averaging 27.8 points while their defense is giving up 20 points per game. The defense is ranked 30th in the league and it’s going to need to step up in a big way here.
New Mexico State Betting Trends
- New Mexico State has won eight of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- New Mexico State has covered the spread in each of its last seven games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Seven of New Mexico State's last eight games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Can Western Kentucky Become Bowl Eligible?
Western Kentucky comes into this game with a 5-4 record and they are coming off a victory in the last game. Western Kentucky gave up only 13 points to UTEP and that was enough for the eight point victory. Elijah Young had a strong game on the ground rushing 12 times for 139 yards and two touchdowns. Western Kentucky on the season is averaging 28.9 points while their defense is giving up 27.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 59th while the defense is ranked 84th.
Western Kentucky Betting Trends
- Western Kentucky has won 17 of its last 18 November games at L.T. Smith Stadium.
- Western Kentucky has covered the spread in each of its last four November games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Four of Western Kentucky's last five November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. New Mexico State really struggled to score in the last game and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. I do expect their defense is going to be good here. Western Kentucky isn’t going to get good quarterback play here, and that will be the difference as this game is going to end up lower scoring. Back the under to cash here with ease.