Michigan vs Penn State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Penn State Nittany Lions (8-1) vs Michigan Wolverines (9-0)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Beaver Stadium)
Betting Odds: Penn State Nittany Lions +4.5 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Michigan Wolverines will play the Penn State Nittany Lions in Big Ten game on Saturday afternoon at Beaver Stadium in University Park, Pennsylvania. Michigan continues to be undefeated, while Penn State’s only loss came against Ohio State on the road.
The Michigan Wolverines are 9-0 (6-0) this season after they defeated Purdue by a score of 41-13 last week. Michigan jumped out to a 20-0 lead in the second quarter, but they played a little sloppy over the last three quarters. The Wolverines out gained Purdue by a total of 445-269 and went 7-14 on third downs. Michigan continues to dominate the Big Ten, but they do have the sign stealing scandal that is causing plenty of distraction. The Michigan offense is averaging 40.7 points per game with 257.1 passing yards per game and 167.1 rushing yards per game, while going 55.6% on third downs. J.J. McCarthy has thrown for 2,134 yards, 18 touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Wolverines this season. Blake Corum has rushed for 649 yards and 16 scores, while Roman Wilson has caught 36 passes for 589 yards and 10 touchdowns. The Michigan defense is allowing 6.7 points against per game this year.
Penn State Preview
The Penn State Nittany Lions are 8-1 (5-1) this year after they defeated Maryland by a score of 51-15 in their last game. Penn State led 21-7 at halftime and they poured it on Maryland in the second half. The Nittany Lions out gained Maryland by a total of 404-234 and forced four turnovers in the win. Penn State’s lone loss this season came against Ohio State on the road by a score of 20-12. The Penn State offense is scoring 40.2 points per game with 220.8 passing yards per game and 173.2 rushing yards per game, while going 42.2% on third downs. Drew Allar has thrown for 1,895 yards, 20 touchdowns, and one interception for the Nittany Lions this season. Kaytron Allen has rushed for 573 yards and four touchdowns, while KeAndre Lambert-Smith has caught 51 passes for 645 yards and four scores. The Penn State defense is giving up 11.9 points against per game this season.
Penn State Nittany Lions Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of Penn State's last 14 games at Beaver Stadium.
- Penn State has failed to cover the spread in nine of its last 10 November games against AP-ranked teams.
- Penn State has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Beaver Stadium.
- Penn State has won the first half in each of its last eight games against conference opponents at Beaver Stadium.
- Each of Penn State's last four November games at Beaver Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Michigan Wolverines Team Facts
- Michigan has won 25 of its last 26 games against conference opponents.
- Michigan has covered the spread in each of its last five road games against conference opponents.
- Michigan has won the first quarter in each of its last three road games against conference opponents.
- Michigan has won the first half in nine of its last 10 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Michigan's last six games as a favorite against top-15 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Penn State are one of only 27 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
- The Michigan are one of only 12 FBS teams undefeated in road games this season ([z-0]).
- The Michigan are one of only 27 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
Michigan comes into this game with a perfect record, as they continue to dominate the Big Ten. The Wolverines are dealing with the sign stealing scandal, but that hasn’t seemed to bother them in their last two games, where they blew out Purdue and Michigan State. Penn State had a ton of hype once again this year, but they looked really bad offensively against Ohio State a few weeks ago. The Michigan defense is better than Ohio State’s, so I expect Penn State to struggle once again here. Not that Michigan needed any extra motivation, but James Franklin has been outspoken about the sign stealing. I think Michigan continues to roll in this game and I could see them really pulling away in the second half.