Michigan State vs Ohio State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Ohio State Buckeyes (9-0) vs Michigan State Spartans (3-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Ohio Stadium)
Betting Odds: Ohio State Buckeyes -31 -- Over/Under: 47 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Michigan State Spartans and Ohio State Buckeyes face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Ohio Stadium.
Michigan State Must Win Out
If Michigan State wants to make a bowl game they are going to have to win out and at this point that looks very unlikely. Michigan State sits with a 3-6 record overall but they are coming off a win in the last game. The offense wasn’t exactly impressive against Nebraska, but they did just enough to secure the 20-17 victory. Katin Houser completed 13 of his 20 passes for 165 yards and a touchdown. Michigan State is averaging 18.2 points while their defense is giving up 26.6 points per game. The defense is ranked 74th and in this game the defense is going to need to step up in a big way.
Michigan State Betting Trends
- Michigan State has lost nine of its last 10 road games.
- Michigan State has failed to cover the spread in 12 of its last 13 games against top-10 AP-ranked teams.
- Michigan State has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Ohio Stadium.
- Each of Michigan State's last six road games against top-10 AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Ohio State Looks to Continue Perfect Start
Ohio State comes into this game with a 9-0 record and they were able to secure an impressive victory in the last game. Ohio State scored 35 points against Rutgers in the last game and although they were losing at halftime, they scored 28 points in the second half on the way to the victory. Kyle McCord completed 19 of his 29 passes for 189 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. Ohio State is averaging 32.8 points while their defense is giving up 10.7 points per game. The defense is ranked 2nd in college football.
Ohio State Betting Trends
- Ohio State has won each of its last 46 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Ohio Stadium.
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of the last six games between Michigan State and Ohio State.
- Ohio State has won the first half in 10 of its last 11 home games against conference opponents.
- Ohio State has won the first quarter in 12 of its last 15 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Ohio State's last four November home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. Michigan State is going to have some major issues moving the ball against the Ohio State defense and it wouldn’t be all that shocking if they were shut out. Ohio State is going to score some, but they aren’t going to run up the score here. Ohio State scored 35 points in the last game and they will finish below that number here. This total is too high. Back the under to cash.