Maryland vs Nebraska Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-4) vs Maryland Terrapins (5-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Tom Osborne Field at Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Nebraska Cornhuskers +2.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Peacock Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Maryland Terrapins will play the Nebraska Cornhuskers in a Big Ten game on Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska. Maryland has lost four games in a row, while Nebraska has won three of their last four games.
The Maryland Terrapins are 5-4 (2-4) this season after they lost to Penn State by a score of 51-15 last week. Maryland trailed 21-7 at halftime and they allowed 30 more points in the second half for the loss. The Terrapins were out gained by a total of 404-234 and turned the ball over four times in the game. Maryland has also lost to Northwestern, Illinois, and Ohio State during this losing streak. The Maryland offense is scoring 30.7 points per game with 280.8 passing yards per game and 117.1 rushing yards per game, while going 44.4% on third downs. Taulia Tagovailoa has thrown for 2,486 yards, 21 touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Terrapins this year. Roman Hemby has rushed for 441 yards and four touchdowns, while Jeshaun Jones has caught 40 passes for 521 yards and four scores. The Maryland defense is allowing 23.8 points against per game this season.
The Nebraska Cornhuskers are 5-4 (3-3) this year after they lost to Michigan State by a score of 20-17 in their last game. Nebraska was tied 10-10 at halftime, but they could only manage to score seven points in the second half for the loss. The Cornhuskers were out gained by a total of 295-277 and turned the ball over three times in the game. Nebraska had won their previous three games against Purdue, Northwestern, and Illinois. The Nebraska offense is averaging 19.2 points per game with 131.9 passing yards per game and 185.4 rushing yards per game, while going 37.7% on third downs. Heinrich Haarberg has thrown for 967 yards, seven touchdowns, and six interceptions, while also rushing for 477 yards and five touchdowns for Nebraska this year. Anthony Grant has rushed for 355 yards and three touchdowns, while Thomas Fidone II has caught 19 passes for 219 yards and four scores. The Nebraska defense is giving up 18.8 points against per game this year.
Nebraska Cornhuskers Team Facts
- Nebraska has lost seven of its last eight home games in November.
- Nebraska has covered the spread in each of its last five November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Nebraska has won the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Memorial Stadium.
- Five of Nebraska's last six November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Maryland Terrapins Team Facts
- Maryland has lost each of its last four games.
- Maryland has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Four of Maryland's last five road games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Nebraska has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of three points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
Maryland comes into this matchup in a free fall, as they have lost four games in a row and have looked horrible. On the other side, Nebraska is still in the race for the Big Ten West, but had a disappointing setback against MSU last week. Even with Maryland’s recent struggles, I think they are much better than this Nebraska team. Take the Terrapins on the road here.