Iowa State vs BYU Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
BYU Cougars (5-4) vs Iowa State Cyclones (5-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 10:15 pm (LaVell Edwards Stadium)
Betting Odds: BYU Cougars +8 -- Over/Under: 41 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Iowa State Cyclones and BYU Cougars face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Iowa State Looks to Bounce Back
Iowa State comes into this game with a 5-4 record overall but they were defeated last week in a game they thought they should win. At halftime, Iowa State was down 14-3 against Kansas, and tey couldn’t make the comeback as they were defeated 28-21. Rocco Becht completed 20 of his 26 passes for 216 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. Iowa State on the season is averaging 23.6 points while their defense is giving up 20.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 91st while the defense is ranked 32nd.
Iowa State Betting Trends
- Iowa State has lost each of its last three November games as a road favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Iowa State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four road games in November.
- Iowa State has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Six of Iowa State's last seven November road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
BYU Looks to Become Eligible
BYU comes into this game with a 5-4 record overall but they have been really inconsistent heading into this season. BYU’s last game came against West Virginia and they scored only seven points on the way to the blowout defeat. BYU had issues establishing the run and the top rusher had only 37 yards. BYU on the season is averaging 22.9 points while their defense is giving up 26.9 points per game. In this game, BYU is going to need to find a way to get the offense going early.
BYU Betting Trends
- BYU has won each of its last six November games at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- The underdog has covered the spread in eight of BYU's last nine games at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- BYU has won the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- Four of BYU's last five games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
BYU is going to find some success in this game, and they are going to keep this game close. BYU on the season is averaging 22.9 points per game but that matches up well with Iowa State that hasn’t been running up the score. Look for BYU to score at least 24 points and they are going to cover the spread here. I also expect the BYU offense to intercept Rocco Becht at least once. Back BYU against the spread.