Georgia Tech vs Clemson Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Clemson Tigers (5-4) vs Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Clemson Tigers -14.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets will play the Clemson Tigers in an ACC game on Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium in Clemson, South Carolina. Georgia Tech has won three of their last four games, while Clemson has lost two of their last three games.
Georgia Tech Preview
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets are 5-4 (4-2) this season after they defeated Virginia by a score of 45-17 in their last game. Georgia Tech led 24-10 at halftime and they cruised to the easy victory. The Yellow Jackets out gained Virginia by a total of 514-351and they forced three turnovers in the game. Georgia Tech also defeated North Carolina by a score of 46-42 in the previous game. The Georgia Tech offense is averaging 33.2 points per game with 261.2 passing yards per game and 204.1 rushing yards per game, while going 47.5% on third downs. Haynes King has thrown for 2,330 yards, 22 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions for the Yellow Jackets this season. Jamal Haynes has rushed for 664 yards and six scores, while Eric Singleton Jr. has caught 33 passes for 552 yards and six touchdowns. The Georgia Tech defense is allowing 30.1 points against per game this year.
The Clemson Tigers are 5-4 (2-4) this year after defeated Notre Dame by a score of 31-23 last week. Clemson led 24-9 at the half and was able to fight off Notre Dame’s comeback attempt. The Tigers were out gained by a total of 329-285 and forced three turnovers in the win. Clemson had lost two straight games to NC State and Miami in the two previous games. The Clemson offense is scoring 31.7 points per game with 242.3 passing yards per game and 159.7 rushing yards per game, while going 42% on third downs. Cade Klubnik has thrown for 2,056 yards, 14 touchdowns, and six interceptions for the Tigers this season. Phil Mafah has rushed for 625 yards and eight scores, while Beaux Collins has caught 33 passes for 445 yards and two touchdowns. The Clemson defense is giving up 21.2 points against per game this season.
Clemson Tigers Team Facts
- Clemson has won 36 of its last 37 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Memorial Stadium (Clemson).
- Clemson has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Clemson has won the first half in each of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Four of Clemson's last five home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Team Facts
- Georgia Tech has won each of its last four games as an underdog.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Georgia Tech's last six games.
- Georgia Tech has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Each of Georgia Tech's last six November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Clemson is coming off of a huge win against Notre Dame last week, and they really needed that win after losing their previous two games. Georgia Tech has scored 45 and 46 points in their last two wins over Virginia and North Carolina and they are one win away from becoming bowl eligible. This Georgia Tech team has surprised me with how well they have played and I think they can keep this game close. The Yellow Jackets are scoring a ton of points and have played well in their last two road games. Take Georgia Tech and the points here.