Georgia Southern vs Marshall Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Marshall Thundering Herd (4-5) vs Georgia Southern Eagles (6-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Joan C. Edwards Stadium)
Betting Odds: Marshall Thundering Herd +2.5 -- Over/Under: 56.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NFL Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Southern Eagles and Marshall Thundering Herd face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Joan C Edwards Stadium.
Marshall’s Offense is Sputtering
Marshall comes into this game with a 4-5 record overall and in the last game they really struggled. Marshall scored nine points against Appalachian State and that led to the 22 point defeat. Cam Fancher completed 14 of his 25 passes for 144 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. Marshall is going to need to find a way to stop turning the ball over. Marshall on the season is averaging 22.9 points while their defense is giving up 28.4 points per game. In this game, Marshall needs to get the offense going here.
Marshall Betting Trends
- Marshall has lost each of its last five games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Marshall has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Four of Marshall's last five November games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia Southern Looks to End Losing Streak
Georgia Southern comes into this game with a 6-3 record overall, but they have lost two games in a row. In the last game Georgia Southern gave up 45 points to Texas State and that led to the defeat. Davis Brin completed 18 of his 27 passes for 195 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Georgia Southern is averaging 32.7 points while their defense is giving up 26.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 35th and they need to get the offense going here.
Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Georgia Southern has lost seven of its last eight November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in four of its last five games as a favorite.
- Georgia Southern has lost the first half in each of its last three road games against conference opponents.
- Eight of Georgia Southern's last 10 November games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Georgia Southern is going to get back on the right track here. This Marshall offense isn’t good and even against a defense that has struggled, they are going to really struggle. Georgia Southern is averaging 32.7 points per game and they are going to have no issue running up the score. Look for Davis Brin to have a big game, and Georgia Southern is going to have no issue here. Back Georgia Southern against the spread.