FIU vs Middle Tennessee Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (2-7) vs FIU Panthers (4-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Johnny (Red) Floyd Stadium)
Betting Odds: Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders -10.5 -- Over/Under: 52.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The FIU Panthers will play the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders in a Conference-USA game on Saturday afternoon at Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. FIU has lost four of their last five games, while Middle Tennessee has lost five of their last six.
The FIU Panthers are 4-5 (1-5) this year after they lost to Jacksonville State by a score of 41-16 in their last game. FIU trailed 24-3 at halftime of this game and they never really had a chance in the second half. The Panthers were out gained by a total of 370-249 and they went 4-17 on third downs in the loss. FIU’s only conference win came against Sam Houston in overtime. The FIU offense is scoring 21 points per game with 224 passing yards per game and 100.9 rushing yards per game, while going 26.4% on third downs. Keyone Jenkins has thrown for 1,682 yards, six touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Panthers this year. Shomari Lawrence has rushed for 491 yards and four scores, while Kris Mitchell has caught 48 passes for 820 yards and six touchdowns. The FIU defense is allowing 28.6 points against per game this season.
Middle Tennessee Preview
The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are 2-7 (1-4) this season after they lost to New Mexico State by a score of 13-7 in their last game. Middle Tennessee tied the game at seven in the second quarter, but they couldn’t find any more points in the loss. The Blue Raiders were out gained by a total of 402-346 and went 5-16 on third downs in the game. Middle Tennessee’s two wins this season are against Murray State and Louisiana Tech. The Middle Tennessee offense is averaging 21.9 points per game with 265.1 passing yards per game and 123.4 rushing yards per game, while going 41.4% on third downs. Nicholas Vattiato has thrown for 2,334 yards, 16 touchdowns, and nine interceptions for the Blue Raiders this season. Jaiden Credle has rushed for 385 yards and two touchdowns, while Elijah Mitchell has caught 45 passes for 552 yards and five scores. The Middle Tennessee defense is giving up 30.9 points against per game this year.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Team Facts
- Middle Tennessee has won seven of its last eight games against Florida International.
- Middle Tennessee has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four November games as a favorite.
- Middle Tennessee has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Johnny Floyd Stadium.
- Middle Tennessee has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Johnny Floyd Stadium.
- Eight of the last nine games between Florida International and Middle Tennessee have gone OVER the total points line.
Florida International Panthers Team Facts
- Florida International has lost each of its last 11 November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Florida International has failed to cover the spread in 11 of its last 12 November games as a road underdog.
- Florida International has lost the first half in 21 of its last 27 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Florida International's last four games against non-AP-ranked teams at Johnny Floyd Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Both of these teams have been a disaster this season and only have one conference win, but someone will get their second C-USA win here. Middle Tennessee has been close in their last two games, losing by one possession in both of those games. FIU got blown out by Jacksonville State and they have looked really bad in four of their last five games. I am going to take Middle Tennessee at home after three decent showings.