East Carolina vs FAU Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
Florida Atlantic Owls (4-5) vs East Carolina Pirates (1-8)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 4:00 pm (FAU Stadium)
Betting Odds: Florida Atlantic Owls -7.5 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The East Carolina Pirates will play the FAU Owls in an AAC game on Saturday afternoon at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Florida. East Carolina has not won a conference game so far this year, while FAU has won three of their last five games.
East Carolina Preview
The East Carolina Pirates are 1-8 (0-5) this season after they lost to Tulane by a score of 13-10 in their last game. East Carolina led 10-0 in the first quarter, but Tulane scored the final 13 points of the game for the win. The Pirates were out gained by a total of 368-190 and went 3-9 on third downs in the loss. East Carolina’s only win this season came against Gardner-Webb in their fourth game of the season. The ECU offense is scoring 18.6 points per game with 163.6 passing yards per game and 113.6 rushing yards per game, while going 32.6% on third downs. Alex Flinn has thrown for 1,063 yards, four touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Pirates this year. Rahjai Harris has rushed for 324 yards and four scores, while Jaylen Johnson has caught 36 passes for 381 yards and one touchdown. The ECU defense is allowing 24.8 points against per game this year.
The FAU Owls are 4-5 (3-2) this year after they lost to UAB by a score of 45-42 last week. FAU trailed 28-14 at halftime, but they led 42-35 in the fourth, before allowing UAB to score 10 unanswered points. The Owls were out gained by a total of 614-484 and went 3-12 on third downs in the loss. FAU has defeated Charlotte, South Florida, and Tulsa in conference play so far. The FAU offense is averaging 27.7 points per game with 233.9 passing yards per game and 131 rushing yards per game, while going 36.7% on third downs. Daniel Richardson has thrown for 1,555 yards, 11 touchdowns, and eight interceptions for the Owls this season. Larry McCammon has rushed for 607 yards and five scores, while LaJohntay Wester has caught 87 passes for 1,004 yards and eight touchdowns. The FAU defense is giving up 26.2 points against per game this season.
Florida Atlantic Owls Team Facts
- Florida Atlantic has lost seven of its last eight November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Florida Atlantic has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Florida Atlantic has won the first quarter in seven of its last nine home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Florida Atlantic's last seven November games as a home favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
East Carolina Pirates Team Facts
- East Carolina has lost eight of its last nine games.
- East Carolina has covered the spread in four of its last five November games as an underdog.
- East Carolina has lost the first half in four of its last five road games against conference opponents.
- Each of East Carolina's last five November games as a road underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
East Carolina has had a very bad season, but they nearly upset Tulane in their last game. The Pirates are only scoring 18 points per game and they are still looking for their first FBS win this season. FAU is currently fifth in the AAC, but their defense has allowed 36 points or more in two of their last three games. The Owls offense has been solid and should have a big day at home against an ECU defense that has allowed 41, 24, 43, and 30 points in their four road games. Take FAU to win big at home.