Arkansas State vs South Alabama Prediction - College Football Picks 11/11/23
South Alabama Jaguars (4-5) vs Arkansas State Red Wolves (5-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 5:00 pm (Hancock Whitney Stadium)
Betting Odds: South Alabama Jaguars -11.5 -- Over/Under: 55 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arkansas State Red Wolves and South Alabama Jaguars face off on Saturday in a college basketball showdown at Hancock Whitney Stadium.
Arkansas State Looks to Become Bowl Eligible
Arkansas State sits with a 5-6 record overall and they are coming off another big victory in the last game. Arkansas State faced off against Louisiana, and they scored 37 points and they were able to secure the 20 point victory. Jaylen Raynor completed 18 of his 28 passes for 194 yards. Zak Wallace had a strong game on the ground rushing 15 times for 88 yards and a touchdown. Arkansas State is averaging 24.6 points while their defense is giving up 31.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 83rd while the defense is ranked 111th.
Arkansas State Betting Trends
- Arkansas State has won four of its last six games as an underdog.
- Arkansas State has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five matches as an underdog when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Each of Arkansas State's last five November games as a road underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
South Alabama Looks to End Losing Streak
South Alabama comes into this game with a 4-5 record overall and they have lost two games in a row. South Alabama faced off against Troy in the last game and the offense only scored 10 points and that led to the 18 point defeat. Gio Lopez completed 17 of his 27 passes for 155 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. South Alabama is averaging 30.9 points while their defense is giving up 21.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 43rd and they need the offense to run up the score here.
South Alabama Betting Trends
- South Alabama has won five of its last six games against Arkansas State.
- South Alabama has covered the spread in five of its last six games against Arkansas State.
- Three of South Alabama's last four games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Arkansas State is getting too many points here. South Alabama is going to find some success scoring, but Arkansas State has the offense to also find success in this game. Arkansas State is going to score at least 30 points here and that is going to be the difference here. Look for the Red Wolves offense to be enough to keep them close here. Back Arkansas State against the spread here.