Virginia vs Louisville Prediction - College Football Picks 11/9/23
Louisville Cardinals (8-1) vs Virginia Cavaliers (2-7)
Game Info: Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 7:30 pm (L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium)
Betting Odds: Louisville Cardinals -20.5 -- Over/Under: 50.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Virginia Cavaliers and Louisville Cardinals face off on Thursday in a college football showdown at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
Virginia Looks for Third Win
Virginia comes into this game with a 2-7 record, and in the last game they were defeated by Georgia Tech 45-17. At the end of the first quarter they were up 7-3, but they gave up 21 points in the second quarter, and they weren’t ever able to bounce back. Under center for Virginia is Anthony Colandrea, and he completed 21 of his 37 passes for 200 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Running back Malik Washington finished with 11 catches for 109 yards. Virginia is averaging 23.1 points, while their defense is giving up 32.4 points per game. In this game, the defense is going to need to be a lot better.
Virginia Betting Trends
- Virginia has lost 16 of its last 17 road games in November.
- Virginia has covered the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog.
- Virginia has won the first quarter in each of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Six of Virginia's last seven road games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Why Isn’t Louisville Getting More Attention?
Louisville isn’t getting enough attention for what they have done this season, and they currently sit with an 8-1 record. In the last game against Virginia Tech, Louisville’s defense was elite, and they were able to secure the 34-3 victory. Louisville was led by Jack Plummer, and he completed 11 of his 12 passes for 141 yards and a touchdown. Isaac Guerendo also finished with 11 carries for 146 yards and three touchdowns. Louisville on the season is averaging 32.9 points, while their defense is giving up 16.3 points per game.
Louisville Betting Trends
- Louisville has won each of its last seven games against non-AP-ranked teams at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Louisville has covered the spread in each of its last seven games against non-AP-ranked teams at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Louisville has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Louisville has won the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Each of Louisville's last four November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Louisville’s defense locked down in the last game, giving up only three points, and it’s going to be no different in this game against Virginia. Virginia gave up 45 points in the last game against Georgia Tech, and Louisville is going to attack this defense also. Louisville is going to get close to 50 points here, and that is going to be the difference as Louisville is going to get the job done. Back Louisville against the spread.