Bowling Green vs Kent State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/8/23
Kent State Golden Flashes (1-8) vs Bowling Green Falcons (5-4)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Dix Stadium)
Betting Odds: Kent State Golden Flashes +8.5 -- Over/Under: 40.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBSSports Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Bowling Green Falcons will play the Kent State Golden Flashes in a MAC game on Wednesday night at Dix Stadium in Kent, Ohio. Bowling Green has won three games in a row, while Kent State is still looking for their first conference win of the season.
Bowling Green Preview
The Bowling Green Falcons are 5-4 (3-2) this season after they defeated Ball State by a score of 24-21 in their last game. Bowling Green led 14-7 at halftime, but was tied 14-14 in the fourth quarter, before they scored 10 points in the fourth for the win. The Falcons were out gained by a total of 283-281 and forced two turnovers in the game. Bowling Green has also defeated Akron and Buffalo during this three game winning streak. The Bowling Green offense is scoring 23.8 points per game with 156.7 passing yards per game and 143.2 rushing yards per game, while going 32.7% on third downs. Connor Bazelak has thrown for 1,023 yards, seven touchdowns, and six interceptions for the Falcons this season. Terion Stewart (questionable) has rushed for 762 yards and eight scores, while Harold Fannin Jr. has caught 22 passes for 293 yards and three touchdowns. The Bowling Green defense is allowing 24.6 points against per game this year.
Kent State Preview
The Kent State Golden Flashes are 1-8 (0-5) this year after they lost to Akron by a score of 31-27 in their last game. Kent State led 27-10 in the fourth quarter, but Akron scored 21 straight points to finish the game with the win. The Golden Flashes were out gained by a total of 393-346 and went 5-14 on third downs in the game. Kent State’s only win this season came against Central Connecticut in the third game of the year. The Kent State offense is averaging 14.1 points per game with 152.1 passing yards per game and 117.2 rushing yards per game, while going 29.5% on third downs. Tommy Ulatowski has thrown for 437 yards, six touchdowns, and one interception for the Golden Flashes this season. Gavin Garcia has rushed for 407 yards and two touchdowns, while Chrishon McCray (questionable) has caught 41 passes for 610 yards and four scores. The Kent State defense is giving up 32.8 points against per game this season.
Kent State Golden Flashes Team Facts
- Kent State has lost each of its last six games.
- Kent State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Kent State has lost the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Kent State's last six games against conference opponents at Dix Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Bowling Green Falcons Team Facts
- Bowling Green has lost six of its last seven November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Bowling Green has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven road games in November.
- Six of Bowling Green's last seven November games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Kent State has suffered the most road losses by a margin of 20+ points of any FBS team this season (4).
- Kent State has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of 25+ points of any FBS team this season (3).
Bowling Green comes into this game on a three game winning streak and they are looking for their sixth win of the season here, while Kent State is trying to do anything to get their first FBS win of the year. Kent State was in total control of their last game, but they collapsed in the fourth quarter. I don’t think the Golden Flashes are going to respond very well to the finish of that game and I think they could get blown out here. Take Bowling Green to handle Kent State easily.