Ball State vs NIU Prediction - College Football Picks 11/7/23
NIU Huskies (4-5) vs Ball State Cardinals (2-7)
Game Info: Tuesday, November 7, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium)
Betting Odds: NIU Huskies -8.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Ball State Cardinals and Northern Illinois Huskies face off on Tuesday in a college football showdown at Huskie Stadium.
Can Ball State Bounce Back?
Ball State sits with a 2-7 record overall and they are coming off another loss in their last game. In the last game against Bowling Green, they were in the game until the end, but they couldn’t make the right plays in the 4th quarter and ended up losing 24-21. Under center for Ball State is Kiael Kelly and he found the most success on the ground. Ball State on the season is averaging 16.7 points while their defense is giving up 28.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 132nd and they need to get the offense going early.
Ball State Cardinals Team Facts
- Ball State has lost each of its last seven road games.
- Ball State has covered the spread in each of its last five November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ball State has lost the first half in each of its last three road games against conference opponents.
- Ten of Ball State's last 11 November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Northern Illinois Look to Move Closer to Bowl Eligibility
Northern Illinois sits with a 4-5 record overall but they are coming off a loss in the last game. Northern Illinois faced off against Central Michigan and the defense gave up 37 points on the way to the defeat. Rocky Lombardi had a strong game finishing with 298 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. Antario Brown also finished with 22 carries for 167 yards and a touchdown. The Huskies are averaging 25 points while their defense is giving up 23 points per game.
Northern Illinois Huskies Team Facts
- Northern Illinois has lost seven of its last eight November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Northern Illinois has failed to cover the spread in each of its last nine games as a home favorite.
- Northern Illinois has won the first quarter in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Northern Illinois has lost the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium.
- Each of Northern Illinois' last seven November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Ball State has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of 30+ points of any FBS team this season (2).
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. I don’t trust the Ball State offense and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. I also am not sold on this Northern Illinois offense that is averaging only 25 points per game. Look for both of these teams to really struggle here and that is going to be the difference here as this game is going to be lower scoring. Back the under to cash here with ease.