WKU vs UTEP Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
UTEP Miners (3-6) vs WKU Hilltoppers (4-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 9:00 pm (Sun Bowl)
Betting Odds: UTEP Miners +9.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers and UTEP Miners face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at the Sun Bowl.
Western Kentucky’s Defense Needs to Bounce Back
Western Kentucky sits with a 4-4 record overall and if they want to move to a 5-4 record the defense is going to need to step up here. The Hilltoppers last game came against Liberty and the defense gave up 42 points. Austin Reed did have a strong game completing 30 of his 44 passes for 365 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception. Western Kentucky is averaging 29.98 points while their defense is giving up 29.5 points per game. One thing Western Kentucky has been good at is getting out to a fast start as they are averaging 11.1 points per first quarter which is 7th. In this game the Hilltoppers are going to need to get out to a fast start.
Western Kentucky Betting Trends
- Western Kentucky has won each of its last 11 November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Western Kentucky has covered the spread in seven of its last eight November games as a favorite.
- Western Kentucky has won the first quarter in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Western Kentucky has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Three of Western Kentucky's last four November games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
UTEP Makes Big Comeback in Last Game
UTEP comes into this game with a 3-6 record overall and they are coming off a nice comeback. UTEP scored 17 points in the 4th quarter against Sam Houston State, and that was enough for the 37-34 victory. Cade McConnell completed 12 of his 22 passes for 206 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Deion Haskins had quite the game on the ground rushing 15 times for 117 yards and a touchdown. UTEP overall this season has had offensive issues and they are averaging 18.7 points per game which is 122nd in college football. Their defense is giving up 27.2 points per game.
UTEP Betting Trends
- UTEP has lost each of its last 17 November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- UTEP has failed to cover the spread in 15 of its last 17 November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Each of UTEP's last six games against conference opponents at Sun Bowl have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
UTEP gained some confidence in the last game with the offense scoring 37 points against Sam Houston State, and they are going to find offensive success again in this game. Western Kentucky’s defense is giving up 29.5 points per game and they are going to really struggle again in this game to defend. Deion Haskins is going to have a big game on the ground again and UTEP is going to cover the spread here.