Virginia Tech vs Louisville Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Louisville Cardinals (7-1) vs Virginia Tech Hokies (4-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 3:30 pm (L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium)
Betting Odds: Louisville Cardinals -9.5 -- Over/Under: 48.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Virginia Tech Hokies will play the Louisville Cardinals on Saturday afternoon at Cardinal Stadium in Louisville, Kentucky. Virginia Tech has won two games in a row, while Louisville only has one loss so far this year.
Virginia Tech Preview
The Virginia Tech Hokies are 4-4 (3-1) this season after they defeated Syracuse by a score of 38-10 last week. Virginia Tech jumped on Syracuse early and led 30-3 at halftime for the easy win. The Hokies out gained Syracuse by a total of 528-137 and rushed for 318 yards. Virginia Tech started the season playing poorly, but they have won three of their last four games and only have one conference loss. The Virginia Tech offense is scoring 26.1 points per game with 218.3 passing yards per game and 162.5 rushing yards per game, while going 33.6% on third downs. Kyron Drones has thrown for 1,236 yards, seven touchdowns, and one interception, while also rushing for 400 yards and four touchdowns for the Hokies this season. Bhayshul Tuten (questionable) has rushed for 478 yards and four scores, while Jaylin Lane has caught 27 passes for 413 yards and five touchdowns. The Virginia Tech defense is allowing 22.9 points against per game this season.
The Louisville Cardinals are 7-1 (4-1) this year after they defeated Duke by a score of 23-0 in their last game. Louisville led 17-0 at halftime and played great defense in the shutout win. The Cardinals out gained Duke by a total of 351-202 and forced one turnover in the game. Louisville’s only loss this year came against Pittsburgh by a score of 38-21 in the game prior to Duke. The Louisville offense is averaging 32.8 points per game with 264.6 passing yards per game and 183.5 rushing yards per game, while going 37.5% on third downs. Jack Plummer has thrown for 2,018 yards, 13 touchdowns, and eight interceptions for the Cardinals this season. Jawhar Jordan has rushed for 824 yards and 10 scores, while Jamari Thrash has caught 46 passes for 712 yards and six touchdowns. The Louisville defense is giving up 18 points against per game this year.
Louisville Cardinals Team Facts
- Louisville has won each of its last six games against non-AP-ranked teams at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Louisville has covered the spread in each of its last six games against non-AP-ranked teams at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Louisville has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Louisville has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Five of Louisville's last six games at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Virginia Tech Hokies Team Facts
- Virginia Tech has lost eight of its last nine road games.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Virginia Tech has lost the first half in nine of its last 10 road games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Virginia Tech's last eight November games against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Louisville rank 36th among FBS teams for points per game this season (32.8).
Both of these teams come into this game sitting towards the top of the ACC standings, with the Cardinals having a half game lead over the Hokies. Virginia Tech really struggled to start the season, but they have played much better recently against some weaker ACC opponents. Louisville laid an egg against Pittsburgh two games ago, but they have been great other than that game. I do think Virginia Tech is much improved from the start of the season, but their three conference wins have come against Syracuse, Wake Forest, and Pittsburgh. I think Louisville is going to be too much for them here and I like the Cardinals to win by a few scores.