UTSA vs North Texas Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
North Texas Mean Green (3-5) vs UTSA Roadrunners (5-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 3:00 pm (DATCU Stadium)
Betting Odds: North Texas Mean Green +7.5 -- Over/Under: 71 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UTSA Roadrunners and North Texas Mean Green face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Apogee Stadium.
North Texas Looks to End Losing Streak
North Texas comes into this game with a 3-5 record overall and they have lost two games in a row. In the last game against Memphis, the offense scored 42 points but the defense let them down giving up 45 points. Quarterback Chandler Rogers had a strong game completing 32 of his 49 passes for 411 yards and five touchdowns. North Texas on the season is averaging 35.5 points while their defense is giving up 36.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 19th in college football, but the defense has let them down.
North Texas Betting Trends
- North Texas has won 10 of its last 11 November games at DATCU Stadium.
- North Texas has covered the spread in seven of its last eight home games against conference opponents.
- North Texas has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents at DATCU Stadium.
- Five of North Texas' last six games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
UTSA Look to Continue Offensive Success
UTSA comes into this game with a 5-3 record overall and the offense has been good heading into this game. UTSA has scored at least 36 points in each of the last four games, and in the last game against East Carolina, they were able to secure a 41-27 victory. Frank Harris had a strong game completing 20 his 32 passes for 395 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception. UTSA on the season is averaging 30.5 points while their defense is giving up 25.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 53rd in the league while the defense is ranked 64th.
UTSA Betting Trends
- UTSA has won 24 of its last 25 games against conference opponents.
- UTSA has covered the spread in each of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- UTSA has won the first half in nine of its last 10 road games against conference opponents.
- Six of UTSA's last eight road games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
These are two teams that have both found a ton of offensive success this season and there is going to be no shortage of scoring in this game. UTSA has had no issue running up the score, but I don’t trust their defense and that is going to be the difference in this game. Look for both UTSA and North Texas to run up the score, and that is going to be the difference as this game is going to go over the total.