Tulane vs East Carolina Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
East Carolina Pirates (1-7) vs Tulane Green Wave (7-1)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium)
Betting Odds: East Carolina Pirates +16.5 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPNU Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tulane Green Wave will play the East Carolina Pirates in an AAC game on Saturday afternoon at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium in Greenville, North Carolina. Tulane comes into this game with an undefeated conference record, while East Carolina only has one win on the season.
The Tulane Green Wave are 7-1 (4-0) this season after they defeated Rice by a score of 30-28 in their last game. Tulane led 27-7 at halftime, but they were barely able to hang on in the second half for the win. The Green Wave out gained Rice by a total of 457-271 and went 2-3 on fourth downs in the game. Tulane’s lone loss this season came against Ole Miss in their second game of the season. The Tulane offense is scoring 30.5 points per game with 233.6 passing yards per game and 172.3 rushing yards per game, while going 43.8% on third downs. Michael Pratt has thrown for 1,384 yards, 14 touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Green Wave this season. Makhi Hughes has rushed for 772 yards and five touchdowns, while Lawrence Keys III has caught 29 passes for 516 yards and six scores. The Tulane defense is allowing 20.5 points against per game this season.
East Carolina Preview
The East Carolina Pirates are 1-7 (0-4) this year after they lost to UTSA by a score of 41-27 in their last game. East Carolina led 17-14 after the first quarter, but trailed 31-20 at halftime in the loss. The Pirates were out gained by a total of 515-366 and both teams turned the ball over once in the game. East Carolina’s only win this year came against Gardner Webb in their fourth game of the season. The ECU offense is averaging 19.6 points per game with 169 passing yards per game and 119 rushing yards per game, while going 32.5% on third downs. Alex Flinn has thrown for 943 yards, four touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Pirates this season. Rahjai Harris has rushed for 272 yards and four scores, while Chase Sowell has caught 29 passes for 349 yards and one touchdown. The East Carolina defense is giving up 26.3 points against per game this year.
East Carolina Pirates Team Facts
- East Carolina has lost each of its last 12 games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- East Carolina has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games against conference opponents at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.
- East Carolina has lost the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents.
- Eight of East Carolina's last nine games against conference opponents at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Tulane Green Wave Team Facts
- Tulane has won 17 of its last 18 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Tulane has covered the spread in seven of its last eight November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Tulane has won the first quarter in nine of its last 10 games against conference opponents.
- Tulane has won the first half in nine of its last 12 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Tulane's last four November games as a road favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Tulane comes into this game ranked in the Top-25 and they are one of the best Group of Five teams in the country. On the other side, East Carolina is still looking for their first FBS win of the season, but they have played decent in their last two games. Tulane’s offense has scored 30 points or more in five straight games and they should move the ball very easily in this matchup. The Green Wave have not won by 14 points or more in four straight games, but I think they are going to blow ECU out here. Take Tulane in this one.