Purdue vs Michigan Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Michigan Wolverines (8-0) vs Purdue Boilermakers (2-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Michigan Stadium)
Betting Odds: Michigan Wolverines -32.5 -- Over/Under: 52.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Purdue Boilermakers will play the Michigan Wolverines in a Big Ten game on Saturday night at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Purdue has lost three games in a row, while Michigan comes into this game with an undefeated record.
The Purdue Boilermakers are 2-6 (1-4) this season after they lost to Nebraska by a score of 31-14 last week. Purdue trailed 24-0 in the fourth quarter, but they were able to score two touchdowns in the final quarter to make the game look closer than it was. The Boilermakers were out gained by a total of 277-195, but they did force four turnovers in the game. Purdue has also lost to Ohio State and Iowa during this three game losing streak. The Purdue offense is scoring 21.9 points per game with 215.5 passing yards per game and 133.3 rushing yards per game, while going 39.7% on third downs. Hudson Card has thrown for 1,717 yards, eight touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Boilermakers this season. Devin Mockobee has rushed for 520 yards and four scores, while Deion Burks has caught 29 passes for 426 yards and five scores. The Purdue defense is allowing 30 points against per game this season.
The Michigan Wolverines are 8-0 (5-0) this season after they defeated Michigan State by a score of 49-0 in their last game. Michigan absolutely dominated this game from start to finish and Sparty never had a chance. The Wolverines out gained MSU by a total of 477-182 and forced two turnovers in the win. Michigan has dominated just about everyone on their schedule so far, but they haven’t really played any tough competition yet. The Michigan offense is scoring 40.6 points per game with 247.4 passing yards per game and 174.3 rushing yards per game, while going 56.5% on third downs. J.J. McCarthy has thrown for 1,799 yards, 18 touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Wolverines this season. Blake Corum has rushed for 605 yards and 13 scores, while Roman Wilson has caught 27 passes for 446 yards and 10 touchdowns. The Michigan defense is giving up 5.9 points against per game this year.
Michigan Wolverines Team Facts
- Michigan has won each of its last 20 games at Michigan Stadium.
- Michigan has covered the spread in each of its last four games as a favorite.
- Michigan has won the first half in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Michigan's last eight games at Michigan Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Purdue Boilermakers Team Facts
- Purdue has won five of its last six games in November.
- Purdue has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Purdue has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Purdue's last eight November games as an underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Michigan are one of only eight FBS teams undefeated in road games this season ([z-0]).
- The Michigan are one of only 21 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
Michigan comes into this game as a massive favorite to win and they should have no issues in this matchup. Purdue has only scored 35 points total in their last three games, and they will play the best defense in the country here. Michigan has scored 45+ points in four straight games and will take on a Purdue team that is allowing 30 points against per game this season. I think Michigan is going to win this game easily and I will take the Wolverines with the big spread.