Penn State vs Maryland Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Maryland Terrapins (5-3) vs Penn State Nittany Lions (7-1)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 3:30 pm (SECU Stadium)
Betting Odds: Maryland +8.5 -- Over/Under: 50 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Penn State Nittany Lions and Maryland Terrapins face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Byrd Stadium.
Penn State Shaky the Last Couple of Weeks
Penn State has been shaky the last couple of weeks and even though they won the last game, they weren’t all that impressive. At halftime against Indiana they were up only 17–14 and they never really pulled away. Drew Allar completed 20 of his 31 passes for 210 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. Two games ago Allar really struggled against Ohio State, and if they want to finish the season strong, they are going to need him to be good. Penn State is averaging 38.9 points while their defense is giving up 11.5 points per game. The defense is ranked 3rd best in college football.
Penn State Betting Trends
- Penn State has won 25 of its last 26 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Penn State has covered the spread in each of its last seven November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ten of Penn State's last 12 November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Maryland Bad Again?
Maryland comes into this game with a 5-3 record overall but it looks like they are back to really struggling here. After winning the first five games, Maryland has lost three straight games, including the last game against Northwestern. Maryland scored 27 points, but the defense gave up 33 points to a terrible Northwestern team. Taulia Tagovailoa completed 30 of his 47 passes for 274 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. Maryland is averaging 32.6 points while their defense is giving up 20.4 points per game.
Maryland Betting Trends
- Maryland has lost each of its last six games against AP-ranked teams at SECU Stadium.
- Maryland has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine November games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- Maryland has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at SECU Stadium.
- Each of Maryland's last eight November games against top-10 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
A few weeks ago I might say Maryland had a chance in this game, but with the way the defense has played the last couple of weeks, it’s going to be an issue. Penn State is averaging 38.9 points per game and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. Maryland won’t be keeping up and they are going to be losing this game by two touchdowns. Back Penn State against the spread.