Ohio State vs Rutgers Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (6-2) vs Ohio State Buckeyes (8-0)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 12:00 pm (SHI Stadium)
Betting Odds: Rutgers Scarlet Knights +18.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Ohio State Buckeyes and Rutgers Scarlet Knights face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at SHI Stadium.
Ohio State Still Perfect
Ohio State comes into this game with an 8-0 record overall and although they haven’t been as dominant the last couple of weeks, they have still secured wins. In the last game against Wisconsin, the defense again was the difference as they were able to secure the 24-10 victory. Kyle McCord completed 17 of his 26 passes for 226 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. TreVeyon Henderson is back and he finished with 24 carries for 162 yards and a touchdown. Ohio State is averaging 32.5 points while their defense is giving up 10 points per game.
Ohio State Betting Trends
- Ohio State has won each of its last 16 road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ohio State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four road games in November.
- Ohio State has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Ohio State has won the first quarter in six of its last seven road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Ohio State's last five games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Rutgers Looks to Stay Perfect at Home
Rutgers sits with a perfect 5-0 record at home and they have gone 4-1 against the spread. Rutgers last came came on the road against Indiana and they looked really impressive. The offense scored 31 points and the defense gave up only 14 points. Quarterback Gavin Wimsatt completed only 5 of his 12 passes for 39 yards, but the real strength was on the ground. He rushed 16 times for 143 yards and two touchdowns. Rutgers is averaging 28.1 points while their defense is giving up 15.8 points per game.
Rutgers Betting Trends
- Rutgers has lost each of its last 11 November games at SHI Stadium.
- Rutgers has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games against top-15 AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Rutgers' last five November games at SHI Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Rutgers can keep this game close. Ohio State is averaging 32.5 points per game but now they go against a Rutgers defense that has been good. In the last game, Ohio State scored only 24 points and they aren’t going to get over that number here. Rutgers might only score 10 or 13 points, but that will still be enough for them to keep it within the number. Back Rutgers against the spread.