Notre Dame at Clemson Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Clemson Tigers (4-4) vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish (7-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Clemson Tigers +3 -- Over/Under: 49.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Clemson Tigers will host the Notre Dame Fighting Irish this weekend from Memorial Stadium on ABC. Clemson leads the head-to-head series, 4-3, but Notre Dame won last year’s meeting at home, 35-14.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Preview
Notre Dame enters at 7-2 after defeating Pittsburgh in South Bend, 58-7. The Fighting Irish followed up their win over USC with a thumping of the Panthers, and they’ll look to pin a third straight win here in SC. The Notre Dame offense is averaging 38.3 points per game, while passing for 263.8 ypg, and gaining 164.1 ypg on the ground.
ND Player Notes
• Sam Hartman managed to pass for 288 yards against Pitt, but he did toss a pair of interceptions to no touchdowns. The former Wake got to watch the blowout from the sidelines in the second half, but he’ll now have to rev things up for his third trip to Clemson this weekend. Hartman has passed for 2.126 yards, with 18 touchdowns to five interceptions through nine starts.
• Junior back Audric Estime scored three times in a massive win over Pitt, and he leads the Irish in rushing with 901 yards on 146 touches.
• Third-year tight end Mitchell Evans leads ND in receptions (29) and receiving yards (422).
• The Notre Dame defense has allowed 15.3 points per game.
Clemson Tigers Preview
Clemson dropped to 4-4 after losing to N.C. State in Raleigh by a touchdown, 24-17. The Tigers trailed throughout the contest and never recovered, so they’ll now look to avoid a third straight loss here on Saturday. The Clemson offense is scoring 28.8 ppg, while passing for 259.0 ypg, rushing for 157.6 ypg, and converting 43.1% of their third downs.
Clemson’s Player Notes
• Cade Klubnik had a tough time in Raleigh last weekend, passing for 263 yards with a pair of costly turnovers. The Austin native hasn’t been able to push the needle for Clemson since being placed into the QB1 role, and he’ll look to avenge last year’s effort against Notre Dame. Klubnik has passed for 1,947 yards, with 13 touchdowns to five interceptions thru eight starts.
• Wilmington native Will Shipley picked up an injury in the loss to N.C. State, and junior back Phil Mafah gained 84 yards and scored twice last weekend.
• Inconsistent QB play has altered the production from an annually productive program at the receiver position, but third-year wideout Beaux Collins leads the team with 408 receiving yards on 30 catches.
• The Clemson defense is allowing 21.0 points per game.
Notre Dame vs Clemson Trends
• ND is 5-2-1 against the spread, with a 5-3 O/U record.
• CLEM is 2-6 ATS, with a 3-5 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
What’s happened slowly at Alabama over the last two seasons has occurred rapidly in Clemson, as Dabo Swinney’s team has a real chance of failing to finish above .500 for the first time in recent memory. This matchup with Notre Dame was the turning point for the Tigers last season, in a negative way, and it’s tough to trust them in what should be a revenge spot, as they’ve struggled since the start of conference play. Death Valley will present its own animal, but let’s trust Notre Dame’s momentum in this road spot.