Nebraska vs Michigan State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Michigan State Spartans (2-6) vs Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Spartan Stadium)
Betting Odds: Michigan State Spartans +1.5 -- Over/Under: 38.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Nebraska Cornhuskers and Michigan State Spartans face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Spartan Stadium.
Michigan State Has Major Issues
Michigan State comes into this game with a 2-6 record overall and this program has some major issues that are going to need to be figured out this offseason. The Spartans won the first two games of the season but since that point they have lost six games in a row. Two games ago against Michigan they lost 49-0 and in the last game against Minnesota they lost 27-12. Quarterback Katin Houser completed 12 of his 22 passes for 117 yards. Michigan State is averaging 18 points while their defense is giving up 27.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 117th.
Michigan State Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Michigan State's last nine games.
- Michigan State has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Each of Michigan State's last five home games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Nebraska Figuring it Out?
Nebraska sits with a 5-3 record overall and they have won three games in a row. Nebraska faced off against Purdue in the last game and they scored 31 points on the way to the easy victory. Quarterback Heinrich Haarberg completed 6 of his 11 passes for 122 yards and two touchdowns. Emmett Johnson also finished with 13 carries for 76 yards and a touchdown. Nebraska is averaging 20.3 points while their defense is giving up 19.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 115th while the defense is ranked 21st.
Nebraska Betting Trends
- Nebraska has lost three of its last four November games as a favorite.
- Nebraska has covered the spread in each of its last four road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Four of Nebraska's last five games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. Michigan State’s offense has been a major issue heading into this game, and just two games ago they were shutout against MIchigan. I am still not sold on this Nebraska offense that is averaging only 20.3 points per game. Look for both teams to struggle to get the offense going here, and that is going to be the difference as this game is going to be lower scoring. Back the under to cash here.