Missouri vs Georgia Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Georgia Bulldogs (8-0) vs Missouri Tigers (7-1)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Sanford Stadium)
Betting Odds: Georgia Bulldogs -15.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Missouri Tigers will play the Georgia Bulldogs in a SEC game on Saturday afternoon at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. Missouri only has one loss so far this season, while Georgia comes into this matchup undefeated.
The Missouri Tigers are 7-1 (3-1) this year after they defeated South Carolina by a score of 34-12 in their last game. Missouri led 24-0 in the second quarter and they were never really challenged in the game. The Tigers out gained South Carolina by a total of 418-286 and forced one turnover in the win. Missouri’s lone loss this season came against LSU at home by a score of 49-39. The Missouri offense is averaging 33.9 points per game with 294 passing yards per game and 149 rushing yards per game, while going 41.5% on third downs. Brady Cook has thrown for 2,259 yards, 15 touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Tigers this year. Cody Schrader has rushed for 807 yards and nine scores, while Luther Burden III has caught 61 passes for 905 yards and six touchdowns. The Missouri defense is allowing 23.3 points against per game this season.
The Georgia Bulldogs are 8-0 (5-0) this season after they defeated Florida by a score of 43-20 last week. Georgia trailed 7-0 in the first quarter, but they scored the next 36 points to pull away for the win. The Bulldogs out gained Florida by a total of 486-339 and went 6-12 on third downs in the game. Georgia has opened the season with eight straight wins, but they are only ranked #2 in the College Football Playoff rankings. The Georgia offense is scoring 41.3 points per game with 334.3 passing yards per game and 172.3 rushing yards per game, while going 56.3% on third downs. Carson Beck has thrown for 2,462 yards, 14 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Bulldogs this season. Daijun Edwards has rushed for 556 yards and eight scores, while Dominic Lovett has caught 35 passes for 365 yards and one touchdown. The Georgia defense is giving up 14.8 points against per game this year.
Georgia Bulldogs Team Facts
- Georgia has won each of its last 23 games at Sanford Stadium.
- Georgia has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games as a favorite against AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia has won the first half in 10 of its last 12 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Georgia's last five games have gone OVER the total points line.
Missouri Tigers Team Facts
- Missouri has won seven of its last eight games.
- Missouri has covered the spread in five of its last six games.
- Missouri has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Sanford Stadium.
- Each of Missouri's last four games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Georgia are one of only 21 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
- Georgia has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 10+ points of any FBS team this season (5).
Georgia comes into this game looking to keep their undefeated season alive, but they will play a very strong Missouri team here. The Tigers lost to LSU, but they have played very well in their other three SEC games. Georgia has struggled at times this year, but they have dominated Kentucky and Florida in two of their last three games. Missouri gave Georgia all they could handle last year and I think that will be the case once again here. Take Missouri and the points on the road here.