Miami-FL at NC State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
NC State Wolfpack (5-3) vs Miami-FL Hurricanes (6-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Carter-Finley Stadium)
Betting Odds: NC State Wolfpack +4 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Miami Hurricanes will head up to Raleigh to meet the North Carolina State Wolfpack in ACC play this weekend from Carter-Finley Stadium on the ACC Network. Miami leads the head-to-head series, 11-5-1, after winning four straight meetings dating back to 2012.
Miami (FL) Hurricanes Preview
Miami moved to 6-2 after defeating Virginia at home by three, 29-26. The Canes were nearly the second team to be upset by the Cavs in a row, and they’ll look to be sharper here in Carolina. The Miami offense is scoring 37.7 ppg, while passing for 310.8 ypg, rushing for 188.2 ypg, and converting 46% of their third downs.
Miami Player Notes
• Tyler Van Dyke returned behind center against UVA, and he struggled a bit, going 20/30 for 163 yards with a pair of picks. The junior quarterback didn’t look very impressive after missing the Clemson win, and he’ll have to come out a bit sharper here in Raleigh. Van Dyke has passed for 1,884 yards, with 16 touchdowns to eight interceptions thru seven starts.
• Nebraska transfer Ajay Allen has scored in back-to-back games, and he’s up to 282 rushing yards on 58 carries.
• Third-year wideout Xavier Restrepo was held below five catches for the first time this season against Virginia, and he’s first on the team in receptions (57) and receiving yards (648).
• The Miami defense has allowed 19.0 points per game.
North Carolina State Wolfpack Preview
North Carolina State comes in at 5-3 after defeating Clemson in Raleigh by a touchdown, 24-17. The Wolfpack put together their best effort of the year tk down the Tigers, and they’ll now look to win consecutive games for the first time since Week 4. The N.C. State offense is scoring 25.4 ppg, while passing for 194.2 ypg, rushing for 151.0 ypg, and converting 45.5% of their third downs.
N.C. State Player Notes
• MJ Morris managed the game well against Clemson, protecting the ball, while passing for 138 yards and two scores. The sophomore quarterback made timely throws in last week’s victory, and he’ll look to improve to 3-1 as the starter this Saturday. Morris has passed for 596 yards with six touchdowns to four interceptions.
• The Wolfpack haven’t had much room on the ground this season, and sophomore RB Michael Allen leads the backfield with 249 yards on 50 touches.
• Freshman wideout Kevin Conception has scored multiple touchdowns in three of the previous five games, and he’s first on the team in receptions (42) and receiving yards (493).
• The N.C. State defense has allowed 20.0 points per game.
Miami (FL) vs N.C. State Trends
• Miami is 4-4 against the spread, with a 5-3 O/U record.
• NCST is 2-5-1 ATS, with a 2-6 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
North Carolina State received a real confidence booster defeating Clemson in Raleigh last weekend, and that momentum may carry into this matchup with Miami. The Canes have been shaky since their questionable late game finish against Georgia Tech, and after barely escaping a battle with Virginia last week at home, they’re hard to trust at this point in the season. This should be a contested battle, so let’s spot N.C. State the points at home for this ACC battle.