LSU vs Alabama Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Alabama Crimson Tide (7-1) vs LSU Tigers (6-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 7:45 pm (Bryant-Denny Stadium)
Betting Odds: Alabama Crimson Tide -3 -- Over/Under: 61.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The LSU Tigers will play the Alabama Crimson Tide in a SEC game on Saturday night at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. LSU has won three games in a row, while Alabama has won six games in a row.
The LSU Tigers are 6-2 (4-1) this season after they defeated Army by a score of 62-0 in their last game. LSU led 38–0 at the half and dominated this game from start to finish. The Tigers out gained Army by a total of 570-193 and forced four turnovers in the win. LSU’s two losses this year have come against Florida State and Ole Miss. The LSU offense is averaging 47.4 points per game with 339.9 passing yards per game and 213 rushing yards per game, while going 57.8% on third downs. Jayden Daniels has thrown for 2,573 yards, 25 touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Tigers this season. Logan Diggs has rushed for 611 yards and six scores, while Malik Nabers has caught 56 passes for 981 yards and nine touchdowns. The LSU defense is giving up 26.5 points against per game this season.
The Alabama Crimson Tide are 7-1 (5-0) this year after they defeated Tennessee by a score of 34-20 in their last game. Alabama trailed 13-0 in the first quarter and 20-7 at halftime, but they stormed back by out scoring Tennessee 27-0 in the second half for the win. The Crimson Tide were out gained by a total of 404-358 and turned the ball over two times in the game. Alabama’s only loss this season came against Texas at home by a score of 34-24. The Alabama offense is scoring 30.6 points per game with 219.5 passing yards per game and 147.1 rushing yards per game, while going 43.4% on third downs. Jalen Milroe has thrown for 1,617 yards, 13 touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Crimson Tide this season. Jase McClellan has rushed for 569 yards and four touchdowns, while Jermaine Burton has caught 23 passes for 508 yards and five scores. The Alabama defense is allowing 16.5 points against per game this year.
Alabama Crimson Tide Team Facts
- Alabama has won 34 of its last 35 games against conference opponents at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Alabama has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six November games against AP-ranked teams.
- Three of the last four games between LSU and Alabama have gone OVER the total points line.
LSU Tigers Team Facts
- The team ranked 13th in the AP Poll has lost three of its last four games.
- LSU has covered the spread in each of its last five November games as an underdog against top-15 AP-ranked teams.
- LSU has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Fifteen of LSU's last 16 games have gone OVER the total points line.
- LSU has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 30+ points of any FBS team this season (3).
- LSU has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 40+ points of any FBS team this season (2).
This should be a great game between two of the better teams in the SEC, but Alabama will have the home field advantage. The Crimson Tide have not lost in conference play yet and are currently leading the SEC East, but will face one of the best offenses in the country in this matchup. LSU is averaging over 550 yards per game and they have scored 48 points or more in four straight games. Alabama is nowhere near those offensive numbers, but their defense has been the better unit. I think LSU has a great chance to win this game, as they have the better quarterback, so I am going to take the Tigers with the points.