Louisiana vs Arkansas State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Arkansas State Red Wolves (4-4) vs Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (5-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 3:00 pm (Centennial Bank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arkansas State Red Wolves +9 -- Over/Under: 59 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and Arkansas State Red Wolves face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Centennial Bank Stadium.
Ragin Cajuns Coming off Impressive Win
Louisiana sits with a 5-3 record overall and they looked good in the last game against South Alabama. Louisiana scored 17 points in the second quarter and although they weren’t great in the 4th quarter, they held on for the victory. Louisiana is averaging 32.9 points while their defense is giving up 26.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 35th and they are going to need to get the offense to get out to a fast start here.
Louisiana Betting Trends
- Louisiana has won each of its last 15 November games as a favorite.
- Louisiana has covered the spread in six of its last seven November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Louisiana's last five November road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Arkansas State Has Been Inconsistent
Arkansas State sits with a 4-4 record overall and they have been inconsistent so far. Arkansas State had lost two games in a row heading into the last game against Louisiana-Monroe, and in each of those games the offense wasn’t good. In the last game the offense was better scoring 34 points and they ended up winning by ten points. Arkansas State is averaging 23 points while their defense is giving up 33.8 points per game. In this game the offense needs to find a way to get going.
Arkansas State Betting Trends
- Arkansas State has lost nine of its last 11 November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Arkansas State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five home games in November.
- Five of Arkansas State's last six November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Arkansas State is going to keep this game close. Arkansas State scored 34 points in the last game against Louisiana Monroe and they are going to find the offensive success again in this game. Louisiana should still find offensive success, but Arkansas State is going to find enough offensive success to keep this game close. Back Arkansas State to cover the spread here.