Louisiana-Monroe vs Southern Miss Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-7) vs Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (2-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 4:00 pm (Carlisle-Faulkner Field at M.M. Roberts Stadium)
Betting Odds: Southern Miss Golden Eagles -1 -- Over/Under: 55 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Louisiana Monroe Warhawks and Southern Miss Golden Eagles face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Roberts Stadium.
Louisiana-Monroe has Struggled
Louisiana-Monroe comes into this game with a 2-6 record overall and they are coming off another loss in the last game. Louisiana-Monroe scored 24 points against Arkansas State, but the defense gave up 34 points and that led to the defeat. Blake Murphy completed 25 of his 44 passes for 300 yards and two touchdowns. Louisiana-Monroe is aveaging 20.4 points while their defense is giving up 32.9 points per game. In this game the offense is going to need to step up in a big way.
Louisiana Monroe Betting Trends
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost 19 of its last 20 road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in four of Louisiana-Monroe's last five games.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost the first half in eight of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Four of Louisiana-Monroe's last five games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Southern Miss Looks for Second Straight Win
Southern Miss comes into this game with a 1-7 record overall and they are coming off another loss in the last game. Southern Miss scored 38 points against Appalachian State but the defense gave up 48 points and that led to the defeat. They were outscored 20-7 in the 4th quarter and that led to the defeat. Billy Wiles completed 23 of his 41 passes for 287 yards and a touchdown. Frank Gore Jr has been the star of this offense and he finished with 24 carries for 247 yards and two touchdowns.
Southern Miss Betting Trends
- Southern Miss has lost each of its last six games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Southern Miss has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games against conference opponents at M. M. Roberts Stadium.
- Southern Miss has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at M. M. Roberts Stadium.
- Each of Southern Miss' last four home games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
These are two defenses that aren’t good, and although the offense overall hasn’t been great, the Southern Miss offense really showed something in the last game. Gore put up 247 yards and two touchdowns in the last game and he’s going to find success again here. Not often am I laying points with a one win team at this point of the season, but there is good value here. Back Southern Miss against the spread here.