LA Tech at Liberty Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Liberty Flames (8-0) vs LA Tech Bulldogs (3-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 6:00 pm (Williams Stadium)
Betting Odds: Liberty Flames -16.5 -- Over/Under: 57 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Sports Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs will make the trip to Lynchburg to face the Liberty Flames in Conference USA action from Williams Stadium on CBS Sports. This will mark the first time these two schools face off.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Preview
Louisiana Tech dropped to 4-6 after losing to New Mexico State in Ruston by three, 27-24. The Bulldogs squandered on the offensive end in the second half, and they’ll look to avoid a fourth straight loss this Saturday. The Louisiana Tech offense is scoring 26.3 ppg, while passing for 242.6 ypg, rushing for 140.2 ypg, and converting 46.3% of their third downs.
LA Tech Player Notes
• Hank Bachmeier had a solid outing against New Mexico State despite the final result, going 20/27 for 238 yards and a touchdown. The former Boise QB has been serviceable thru two starts since returning from injury, but it’s going to take a massive effort to knock LU off here. Bachmeier has passed for 1,172 yards, with seven scores to two interceptions on the season.
• The Bulldogs have lost their two leading rushers, and Charvis Thornton only gained 38 yards on twelve touches last week versus NMSU.
• Senior wideout Smoke Harris had a pair of 115-yard outings prior to last weekend’s loss, and he’s first on the team in receptions (62) and receiving yards (637).
• Sophomore receiver Cyrus Allen is second on the team with splits of 29/487/2.
• The Louisiana Tech defense has allowed 27.4 points per game.
Liberty Flames Preview
Liberty climbed to 8-0 after Western Kentucky on the road, 42-29. The Flames took off in the second half to remain undefeated, and they’ll look to close the final quarter strong. The Liberty offense is scoring 37.0 ppg, while passing for 207.8 ypg, rushing for 280.6 ypg, and converting 46.3% of their third downs.
Liberty Player Notes
• Kaidon Salter had another strong dual threat outing, going 10/15 for 169 yards and three touchdowns, while rushing for 117 yards and another score. The sophomore quarterback has taken a big step forward this season, and he’ll look to keep rolling here at home. Salter has thrown for 1,662 passing yards with 19 touchdowns to three interceptions, and he’s rushed 614 yards and seven scores through eight games.
• Wake transfer Quinton Cooley has found the endzone in four straight games, and after going for 100 yards or more in four of the last five contests, he leads the team with 802 rushing yards on 139 carries.
• Junior CJ Daniels has caught a touchdown pass in three of the previous four games, and he leads LU in receptions (27) and receiving yards (576)
• The LU defense is allowing 20.8 points per game.
Louisiana Tech vs Liberty Trends
• LT is 3-6 against the spread, with a 4-5 O/U record.
• LU is 6-2 ATS, with a 4-4 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Georgia Tech isn’t the only technical school set to head to Virginia’s college football region, as Louisiana Tech will have to make the trip to Lynchburg to meet an undefeated Liberty team. While the two prominent programs at Virginia Tech and UVA are both going through transition phases, LU and JMU have emerged to both walk into this weekend undefeated, and I do believe the Flames will keep pace with their regional foes here. Liberty has passed every test comfortably thus far, while Louisiana Tech has dropped five of their last six games. The Bulldogs haven’t defended well during this stretch, so while the Over could be in play, let’s back LU’s momentum here to lay the points and remain unblemished.