Kansas vs Iowa State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Iowa State Cyclones (5-3) vs Kansas Jayhawks (6-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Jack Trice Stadium)
Betting Odds: Iowa State Cyclones -2.5 -- Over/Under: 53 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kansas Jayhawks and Iowa State Cyclones face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Jack Trice Stadium.
Kansas Coming Off One of the Biggest Wins in Program History
Remember a few years ago when Kansas was the worst team in college football? That isn’t the case anymore and they currently sit with a 6-2 record overall. In the last game Kansas scored 38 points against Oklahoma and they were able to secure the five point victory. Jason Bean started the season as a backup, but he led the game winning drive. Bean completed 15 of his 32 passes for 218 yards and two interceptions. Devin Neal rushed 25 times for 112 yards and a touchdown. Kansas on the season is averaging 35.8 points while their defense is giving up 28.1 points per game.
Kansas Betting Trends
- Kansas has lost 12 of its last 13 November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Kansas has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six road games against conference opponents.
- Kansas has lost the first half in 35 of its last 42 games against conference opponents.
- Nine of Kansas' last 10 games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Iowa State Looks for Another Big Win
Iowa State comes into this game with a 5-3 record overall and they picked up another win in the last game. Iowa State scored 30 points against the Baylor Bears and they ended up winning by 12. Rocco Becht completed 19 of his 31 passes for 238 yards, one touchdown, and one interceptions. Iowa State is averaging 23.9 points while their defense is giving up 19.8 points per game. The defense is ranked 28th, and is going to need to step up here.
Iowa State Betting Trends
- Iowa State has won nine of its last 10 home games in November.
- Iowa State has covered the spread in four of its last five games.
- Iowa State has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Iowa State's last eight home games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
For some it might be a letdown spot, but I don’t think Kansas is going to have that. The Jayhawks offense is going to have no issue moving the ball, even against a good defense. Neal rushed for over 100 yards in his last game and he’s going to do the same here. Iowa State’s offense won’t keep up, even at home and that will be teh difference as Kansas gets the job done. Back Kansas against the spread.