Kansas State vs Texas Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Texas Longhorns (7-1) vs Kansas State Wildcats (6-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium/Jamail Field)
Betting Odds: Texas Longhorns -4.5 -- Over/Under: 49.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kansas State Wildcats will play the Texas Longhorns on Saturday afternoon at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas. Kansas State has won three games in a row, while Texas has won two games in a row.
Kansas State Preview
The Kansas State Wildcats are 6-2 (4-1) this season after they defeated Houston by a score of 41-0 last week. Kansas State led 28-0 at the half and cruised to the victory in the second half. The Wildcats out gained Houston by a total of 394-208 and forced two turnovers in the win. Kansas State defeated TCU by a score of 41-3 in the game prior. The Kansas State offense is scoring 39.6 points per game with 238.6 passing yards per game and 226 rushing yards per game, while going 55% on third downs. Will Howard has thrown for 1,628 yards, 14 touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Wildcats this season. DJ Giddens has rushed for 722 yards and seven scores, while Phillip Brooks has caught 39 passes for 437 yards and three touchdowns. The Kansas State defense is allowing 15.9 points against per game this year.
The Texas Longhorns are 7-1 (4-1) this year after they defeated BYU by a score of 35-6 in their last game. Texas led 21-3 at halftime and only allowed three points in the second half for the easy win. The Longhorns out gained BYU by a total of 354-292 and forced three turnovers in the game. Texas defeated Houston by a score of 31-24 in the game prior. The Texas offense is averaging 34.5 points per game with 274.1 passing yards per game and 180 rushing yards per game, while going 40.6% on third downs. Maalik Murphy has thrown for 217 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception for the Longhorns this season, as he fills in for Quinn Ewers. Jonathon Brooks has rushed for 923 yards and seven scores, while Xavier Worthy has caught 44 passes for 572 yards and four touchdowns. The Texas defense is giving up 16 points against per game this season.
Texas Longhorns Team Facts
- Texas has won eight of its last nine games at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
- The favorite has covered the spread in four of the last five games between Kansas State and Texas at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
- Texas has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
- Eight of Texas' last nine games against AP-ranked teams at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Kansas State Wildcats Team Facts
- The team ranked 25th in the AP Poll has won eight of its last nine games.
- The home team has covered the spread in seven of Kansas State's last eight games.
- Kansas State has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Nine of Kansas State's last 11 games against top-10 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Texas are one of only 21 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
- Texas rank 24th among FBS teams for points per game this season (34.5).
- The Kansas State are one of only 21 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
- Kansas State has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 10+ points of any FBS team this season (5).
Kansas State comes into this game after three straight wins where they scored 38+ points and they are looking for a huge road victory here. Texas has won two games in a row, but they are without Quinn Ewers, which could be a big issue for them. The Longhorns defense is solid, but they are facing a very good Kansas State offensive attack. I don’t think this Texas offense will be able to keep up with Kansas State without Ewers, so I like Kansas State with the points here.