Georgia Southern vs Texas State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Texas State Bobcats (5-3) vs Georgia Southern Eagles (6-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 5:00 pm (Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium)
Betting Odds: Texas State Bobcats +2.5 -- Over/Under: 69.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Southern Eagles will play the Texas State Bobcats in a Sun Belt game on Saturday night at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos, Texas. Georgia Southern has won two games in a row, while Texas State has dropped two of their last three.
Georgia Southern Preview
The Georgia Southern Eagles are 6-2 (3-1) this season after they defeated Georgia State by a score of 44-27 in their last game. Georgia Southern led 27-7 at halftime and was able to keep Georgia State down by double digits the rest of the game. The Eagles out gained Georgia State by a total of 452-447 and forced three turnovers in the win. Georgia Southern’s lone conference loss came against James Madison by a score of 41-13 three games ago. The Georgia Southern offense is scoring 33.6 points per game with 320.6 passing yards per game and 128.8 rushing yards per game, while going 49.2% on third downs. Davis Brin has thrown for 2,456 yards, 17 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions for the Eagles this season. Jalen White has rushed for 591 yards and six scores, while Khaleb Hood has caught 66 passes for 681 yards and four touchdowns. The Georgia Southern defense is allowing 24.6 points against per game this year.
Texas State Preview
The Texas State Bobcats are 5-3 (2-2) this year after they lost to Troy by a score of 31-13 last week. Texas State led 10-7 at the half, but they were out scored 24-3 in the second half for the loss. The Bobcats out gained Troy by a total of 437-420, but turned the ball over four times in the game. Texas State has conference losses against Troy and Louisiana this year. The Texas State offense is averaging 35.1 points per game with 281.8 passing yards per game and 202.8 rushing yards per game, while going 44.3% on third downs. TJ Finley has thrown for 2,203 yards, 15 touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Bobcats this year. Ismail Mahdi has rushed for 854 yards and eight scores, while Joey Hobert has caught 51 passes for 663 yards and six scores. The Texas State defense is giving up 28.8 points against per game this season.
Texas State Bobcats Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of Texas State's last seven games at Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium.
- Texas State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five games against conference opponents at Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium.
- Four of Texas State's last five November games as a home underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Southern Eagles Team Facts
- Georgia Southern has won 15 of its last 16 games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia Southern has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last 10 matches when playing with a rest advantage.
- Georgia Southern has lost the first half in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Eight of Georgia Southern's last 10 November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Georgia Southern has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 10+ points of any FBS team this season (5).
Both of these teams come into this week in second place in their Division in the Sun Belt, which makes this a very important game for both sides. Georgia Southern has been rolling on offense lately, scoring 44, 38, 13, 38, and 40 points in their last five games. Texas State is almost averaging 500 yards per game and they have scored 13, 21, 30, 50, and 35 points in their last five contests. Both teams are very high scoring, but this total is crazy. It is currently in the high 60's, so we will only need a couple of stops to hit the under. Take the under here.