Florida State vs Pittsburgh Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Pittsburgh Panthers (2-6) vs Florida State Seminoles (8-0)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Acrisure Stadium)
Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Panthers +21.5 -- Over/Under: 50 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Florida State Seminoles and Pitt Panthers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Acrisure Stadium.
Florida State Playoff Bound?
Florida State sits with an 8-0 record but if they want to make the college football playoff they can’t have a slip up in one of these games. Florida State scored 41 points against Wake Forest in the last game and that was enough for the blowout victory. Jordan Travis completed 22 of his 35 passes for 359 yards and three touchdowns. Trey Benson had a strong game rushing 10 times for 55 yards and a touchdown. He also caught four passes for 100 yards and a touchdown. Florida State on the season is averaging 41.5 points while their defense is giving up 18.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 5th in the league while the defense is ranked 20th.
Florida State Betting Trends
- Florida State has won each of its last 14 games.
- Florida State has covered the spread in eight of its last nine November games as a road favorite.
- Florida State has won the first half in seven of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Each of Florida State's last five November road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
How Does Pitt Bounce Back?
Pitt comes into this game with a 2-6 record overall and they were blown out in the last game. Pitt scored only seven points while the defense gave up 56 points. After the game Pat Narduzzi was throwing his players under the boss and there are some major issues in the locker room. Pitt is averaging 22.4 points while their defense is giving up 28.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 103rd and in this game they are going to need the offense to find a way to get going.
Pitt Betting Trends
- Pittsburgh has won each of its last three November games as a home underdog.
- The home team has covered the spread in each of Pittsburgh's last four games.
- Pittsburgh has won the first half in six of its last eight games against conference opponents at Acrisure Stadium.
- Eight of Pittsburgh's last nine home games have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to get ugly early. Pitt just gave up 56 points to Notre Dame and it’s not going to get any easier in this game against Florida State. Florida State scored 41 points in the last game and they are going to go even higher than that number here. The Pitt offense is going to have answer and this game is going to get out of hand early. Back Florida State to cover the spread here.