Cal vs Oregon Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Oregon Ducks (7-1) vs California Golden Bears (3-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 5:30 pm (Autzen Stadium)
Betting Odds: Oregon Ducks -22.5 -- Over/Under: 61.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Pac-12 Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The California Golden Bears and Oregon Bears face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Autzen Stadium.
Oregon Coming Off Another Impressive Victory
Oregon comes into this game with a 7-1 record overall and they were really impressive in the last game against Utah. Oregon scored 35 points against Utah and that was enough for the 29-point victory. Bo Nix completed 24 of his 31 passes for for 248 yards and two touchdowns. Running back Bucky Irving is having a strong season and so far he has rushed 101 times for 732 yards and eight touchdowns. Oregon on the season is averaging 45.5 points while their defense is giving up 15.6 points per game. The offense gets all the attention, but the defense has sure been impressive.
Oregon Betting Trends
- Oregon has won each of its last 18 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Oregon has covered the spread in each of its last four November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Oregon has won the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Oregon's last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams at Autzen Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Cal Almost Beat USC
Cal comes into this game with a 3-5 record overall, but they almost beat USC in the last game. Cal scored 49 points against USC, but they were outscored 21-13 in the 4th quarter and they ended up losing 50-49. Fernando Mendoza had a strong game completing 25 of his 39 passes for 292 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Jaydn Ott finished with 21 carries for 153 yards and three touchdowns. Cal on the season is averaging 32.3 points while their defense is giving up 33.5 points per game. The defense is ranked 120th in college football and they are going to really tested again here.
Cal Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of California's last 14 games.
- California has covered the spread in each of its last four November games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- California has lost the first half in nine of its last 11 road games against conference opponents.
- Each of California's last four games as an underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too low. Oregon is going to go over their season average of 45.5 points against this Cal defense. I do expect Cal is going to run up the score like they did in the last games against USC. Mendoza is going to have a strong game here through the air, and there won’t be a whole lot of punts here. This game could go over 90 points and it wouldn’t be that shocking. Back the over to cash here.