Boise State vs Fresno State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Fresno State Bulldogs (7-1) vs Boise State Broncos (4-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 10:00 pm (Valley Children's Stadium)
Betting Odds: Fresno State Bulldogs -3 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBSSportsNetwork Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Boise State Broncos will play the Fresno State Bulldogs on Saturday night at Bulldog Stadium in Fresno, California. Boise State has alternated wins and losses in their last five games, while Fresno State has only lost one game this season.
Boise State Preview
The Boise State Broncos are 4-4 (3-1) this season after they defeated Wyoming by a score of 32-7 last week. Boise State led 8-7 after the first quarter, but they out scored Wyoming by a total of 24-0 the rest of the way for the easy win. The Broncos out gained Wyoming by a total of 443-112 and turned the ball over two times in the game. Boise State has gone 3-1 in Mountain West play, with their lone loss coming against Colorado State by one point. The Boise State offense is scoring 30 points per game with 232.3 passing yards per game and 195.4 rushing yards per game, while going 45.2% on third downs. Maddux Madsen has thrown for 731 yards, six touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Broncos this season. Ashton Jeanty (questionable) has rushed for 921 yards and 11 scores, while Eric McAlister has caught 39 passes for 788 yards and five touchdowns. The Boise State defense is allowing 27.9 points against per game this season.
Fresno State Preview
The Fresno State Bulldogs are 7-1 (3-1) this year after they defeated UNLV by a score of 31-24 in their last game. Fresno State trailed 17-7 at the half, but they scored 24 points in the third quarter for the win. The Bulldogs were out gained by a total of 424-312 and forced four turnovers in the game. Fresno State’s lone conference loss came against Wyoming by a score of 24-19. The Fresno State offense is averaging 33.6 points per game with 297 passing yards per game and 105.8 rushing yards per game, while going 50% on third downs. Mikey Keene has thrown for 1,948 yards, 19 touchdowns, and six interceptions for the Bulldogs this season. Malik Sherrod has rushed for 488 yards and five scores, while Erik Brooks has caught 41 passes for 565 yards and five touchdowns. The Fresno State defense is giving up 20.6 points against per game this year.
Fresno State Bulldogs Team Facts
- Fresno State has won each of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams at Valley Children's Stadium.
- Fresno State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Fresno State has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Valley Children's Stadium.
- Fresno State has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Valley Children's Stadium.
- Each of Fresno State's last three home games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Boise State Broncos Team Facts
- Boise State has won each of its last seven November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Boise State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five road games.
- Each of Boise State's last four road games have gone OVER the total points line.
- Fresno State rank T34th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (20.6).
This should be a great game between two of the three teams that are tied at 3-1 in the Mountain West standings. Fresno State lost a road game to Wyoming by only five points, while Boise State lost by one point on the road to Colorado State on a last second Hail Mary play. Fresno State has a great passing attack that is averaging just under 300 yards per game, which is bad news for a Boise State team that struggles to stop the pass. I think these teams are pretty even, but I am going to take Fresno State to cover the small spread at home.